Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It took me a while to get used to the smaller windows, but now I prefer the "tank" view. With my sideviews adjusted so i dont see my car in them, i have NO blind spot issue. And the verts trunk space is very small, but once my kids moved out, I don't need much trunk space. I've only had a window shade blow out once at 29mph because I had it in the top storage area when putting the top down. My goal when I retire is to have a camaro, challenging & mustang in my garage....these car development wars are great...
When will the c6g a**holes go back to there own form:doh:
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is the best performance for the money for sure.
Really!!? For $45K as tested you could buy a base GT, a supercharger or turbo system, and tires and suspension. Do you really think a 1LE Camaro is going to outperform a ~650 or more HP Mustang with aftermarket suspension and sticky tires? :crazy:

classicrockr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2LT/RS HYper Blue Convertible Camaro
When will the c6g a**holes go back to there own form:doh:
Pretty sad when I say I like all 3 of the major cars & will eventually purchase one of each, and you start calling me names. Grow the he** up.

I've made several comments on aspects of the mustangs that I like, especially the Shelby. Open your mind a little more ; maybe you'll actually learn something.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Really!!? For $45K as tested you could buy a base GT, a supercharger or turbo system, and tires and suspension. Do you really think a 1LE Camaro is going to outperform a ~650 or more HP Mustang with aftermarket suspension and sticky tires? :crazy:
Dude you gotta chill! This is all about coming stock out of the plant with factory warranty for 60 or whatever thousand miles! Modes are not included in this discussion! We all know when you start modding and especially with force induction mustang takes the cake.

Handling on the otherhand with no aftermarket magnaride support and factory weight distribution is on the camaros favor. One little switch and the car becomes track ready, or a comfortable highway cruiser. With the mustang, you have to sacrifice one of those or get out of the car every time to adjust the shocks if you have the adjustable ones ofcourse! And FYI slapping a supercharger will make the car faster on the straight but not on the turns! You are adding weight upfront and now you need more handling upgrades to keep that power balanced and rubbers on the ground. It also depends on if you can take advantage of that extra hp and torque depending on the circuit you are at.

Lets not bring up the modes in to the discussion! Hack even with a twin turbo setup, you can smoke pretty much 99.9% of the cars on the highway. Nobody can deny that!

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sad when I say I like all 3 of the major cars & will eventually purchase one of each, and you start calling me names. Grow the he** up.

I've made several comments on aspects of the mustangs that I like, especially the Shelby. Open your mind a little more ; maybe you'll actually learn something.
I'm glad you like the Shelby but I don't ride the fence or go trolling around I buy Ford only Mustang may not be the fastest but Mustang is the best and the sales figures show that.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Dude you gotta chill! This is all about coming stock out of the plant with factory warranty for 60 or whatever thousand miles! Modes are not included in this discussion!
If you don't want to talk about modifications, then don't tell me the Camaro is better for the performance dollar. You can get a Mustang GT with a blower and a warranty, so the warranty argument doesn't fly either.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Has anyone seen the latest pricing on Fords website?

A base gt is around 32 grand
A base gt350 is around 57 grand without ADM but comes with magneride std

If someone wants to build a track car with aftermarket parts, 25 grand difference is more than enough even with carbon fiber parts on a gt.

Camaro 1le is also 12,000 cheaper which also is good enough to beef up that sucker.

I have a feeling that the prices for the 2018 mustangs may go up! Especially with the performance pack 2 and magneride options.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If you don't want to talk about modifications, then don't tell me the Camaro is better for the performance dollar. You can get a Mustang GT with a blower and a warranty, so the warranty argument doesn't fly either.
You still get limited warranty not full 60000 miles. Yes it does fly, as long as it is not listed on the ford website as an option or a separate car. If Ford decides to put Roush and FRPP upgrades as an addon on their website then i ll give you credit!

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still looking
You still get limited warranty not full 60000 miles. Yes it does fly, as long as it is not listed on the ford website as an option or a separate car. If Ford decides to put Roush and FRPP upgrades as an addon on their website then i ll give you credit!
Yeah, comparing a heavily modded car with a factory car is a little silly to say the least.

Even then, this heavily modded base GT will still struggle to keep up with a 1LE around the track lap after lap. I am not even sure it can be done. You need bigger brakes, new wheels with bigger tires, and heavy suspension upgrades to compensate for all that front end weight that has been added. I am not so sure this can be done on the price difference alone, will need to add some cash too. Even then, now you have a car that you will have to fight to get around the track as fast as the 1LE can do it with ease(and under warranty).

If your goal is to beat the 1LE around the track in a Mustang, it's better to buy the GT350 at that point!

The base GT upgrade approach wont really get you there as described in a previous post.

Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
^ Very true statements. And you have to be as good or better a driver. Reading what Randy Pobst achieves as lap times really doesn't mean much to folks who don't do it professionally. One car may suit your driving style better than the other, so it wouldn't matter if a pro posts faster times in the one you don't like.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, comparing a heavily modded car with a factory car is a little silly to say the least.

Even then, this heavily modded base GT will still struggle to keep up with a 1LE around the track lap after lap. I am not even sure it can be done. You need bigger brakes, new wheels with bigger tires, and heavy suspension upgrades to compensate for all that front end weight that has been added. I am not so sure this can be done on the price difference alone, will need to add some cash too. Even then, now you have a car that you will have to fight to get around the track as fast as the 1LE can do it with ease(and under warranty).

If your goal is to beat the 1LE around the track in a Mustang, it's better to buy the GT350 at that point!

The base GT upgrade approach wont really get you there as described in a previous post.
Sorry, but no. $1600-2000 in wheels & tires and $1000 in suspension/chassis will get you on the level with the 1LE on a road course. The power/torque deficit is mostly negated by the net torque advantage the MT-82's gearing provides, and can be wiped out by a good tune. Let's say you tune the car, that puts you in at $3500 on top of a base GT PP (can be easily had at ~$33-34k, sometimes lower), which sits you at roughly the price of a base 1SS. Sure, not everyone wants to mod, and for those that don't and want the best performance potential (even if they can't exploit it) on the race track, then the 1LE is a great buy.

It still has the same shortcomings the SS has, in that the visibility is atrocious, and many things regarding daily driving the car are worse (HVAC vent location, trunk opening, rear seat much less useful than the S550). This isn't counting that subjectively, it's not on the same level as the S550 from a looks perspective.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP

I don't think you need a supercharger to beat 1le if the aftermarket is no concern. My point was, with full warranty and out of factory which car gives more performance for the money. Lets forget about the gt350 with it's ridiculous 57 grand price tag at this point. That car is for people who really want to own a rare unique track capable 5.2 fpc beauty. As far as making the gt as fast as the 1le goes, a base gtpp with suspension and shock modes, gt 350 im, intake, full exhaust, drive shaft upgrade, opg upgrade, lighter wheels with more rubber and finally a good tune can be done on a lets say $34,000 car. With all those modes you are probably looking at close to a 1le price. You might even end up with money for cosmetics too.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
A member here might disagree with your statement of the S550 needing $3000 to keep up with a 1Le. He went from a 13-14 1LE to a S550 and did just that and was "at" the previous 1LE's handling characteristics. After 2 S550's, he's in a new 16 SS. Not to say the 16 SS is the "better" car in every aspect. I too agree the S550 is the better looking car and maybe the better DD.

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
What is so special about the 1LE? In a straight line it's actually .1 tenth slower than the 1SS since it's about 70 lbs heavier.

Take a base GT with PP, add some MPSS, springs, widen the track with bigger rims or get a really aggressive offset then you can really close the gap with a lot less.

The only advantage the Camaro has is the engine/tranny/diff oil coolers. The brakes on the GT is pretty stout as well.

I guess it's a descent deal for those who want to track but most would rather have straight line speed.
Sponsored