Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
solution put an ls motor and trans in your stang...best of both worlds!!!!
The motor and transmission are the best parts of the Mustang. That's a big part of why I didn't buy a Camaro last time - truck engine is no fun.
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The motor and transmission are the best parts of the Mustang. That's a big part of why I didn't buy a Camaro last time - truck engine is no fun.
1st of all the camaro ss doesn't compare with your gt-350. The camaro compares with the gt pp. it doesnt have a truck motor, it has a Vette motor, big difference. The camaro comes with a tremec trans the gt pp comes with a chinese built pos 6speed. Maybe you havent heard but there is a stop sale recall on your car for crimmped oil coller lines, so don't track it. A SS with a tune will beat your car...so have a little more respect for the competition! And we havent even mentioned the zl1 of which ford has no answer to! It is what it is , and i love my mustang!

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
1st of all the camaro ss doesn't compare with your gt-350. The camaro compares with the gt pp. it doesnt have a truck motor, it has a Vette motor, big difference. The camaro comes with a tremec trans the gt pp comes with a chinese built pos 6speed. Maybe you havent heard but there is a stop sale recall on your car for crimmped oil coller lines, so don't track it. A SS with a tune will beat your car...so have a little more respect for the competition! And we havent even mentioned the zl1 of which ford has no answer to! It is what it is , and i love my mustang!
You say a Crapmaro SS doesn't compare to a GT350 then you say an SS with a tune will beat a GT350.... So which is it? Camaros are ugly pieces of shit like most everything GM builds. I've had several, there will be no more. By the way the recall is for a possible bad crimp on an oil cooler line with zero failures so far.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I owned a 2015 GT and I was comparing the Camaro engine to the Coyote.

The typical use for a motor with lots of low end torque is for pickup trucks. It's boring in a sporty car, whether it be a Camaro or a Corvette. Sorry if you don't like to hear that as a Chevy fanboy, but it's the truth.

I've heard about the recall and I've had my car to the track. I'm not worried. It's kind of off topic, but I guess you really love Chevys so you are throwing everything you can think of at me. :thumbsup:

I really like the MT82. I think it's great and it shifts a lot nicer than the tremec in the Camaro. The tremec in my GT350 has grown on me over time, but I still don't see it as a huge improvement over the MT82.

I'd love to check out the ZL1. I'm looking forward to seeing some real reviews of it. From what I've heard it still probably isn't faster than the previous generation GT500, so I don't really see the need for Ford to produce a new GT500 yet. Maybe someday Chevy will be able to match the last generation Ford. I'm not holding my breath.

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
the current LT1 was designed for truck use, with the idea that the Camaro and Corvette would also use it. It wouldn't exist for *JUST* the Camaro and Corvette as GM couldn't justify a new car V8 for just two relatively low volume engines. Don't forget just how little money GM had when the LT1 was being worked on, and where ALL of that money was from.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
If the GT only came with a proper manual transmission. Really guys, the MT82 is nothing to brag about. 3.6 first gear and 5th is 1:1? And the shifter hangs off of it? I would love to see how a GT feels with a 2.92 geared first and 1:1 4th like the T56. Overall, I agree, the Mustang looks better, haven't been inside the new Camaro so I can't compare interiors. The 1LE on the other hand has fantastic looks, too bad it starts at $45K, but still a bargain for the performance it offers.
Here's a vid [ame]

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I could have grabbed a fully loaded one for close to the price I bought my Base GT, but I just can't get into the look. It's an ugly car. If it was to ONLY be a track toy, that'd be different. But it would be a daily driver.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
If the GT only came with a proper manual transmission. Really guys, the MT82 is nothing to brag about. 3.6 first gear and 5th is 1:1? And the shifter hangs off of it? I would love to see how a GT feels with a 2.92 geared first and 1:1 4th like the T56. Overall, I agree, the Mustang looks better, haven't been inside the new Camaro so I can't compare interiors. The 1LE on the other hand has fantastic looks, too bad it starts at $45K, but still a bargain for the performance it offers.
Here's a vid
It is the best performance for the money for sure. It is sad that Ford can't offer a track pack gt with similar performance to the 1le. Imagine a 44 45 grand mustang gt track pack putting similar times to a base gt350! Not happening! They have to keep the performance gap between the two models till gt350 is no more or S650 comes in to play. If Ford had offered the gt350 for 45 grand things would have been different, the production and sales numbers would definitely go high, and ADM would be not an issue. Potential 1le buyers might have shift to Ford.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It is the best performance for the money for sure. It is sad that Ford can't offer a track pack gt with similar performance to the 1le. Imagine a 44 45 grand mustang gt track pack putting similar times to a base gt350! Not happening! They have to keep the performance gap between the two models till gt350 is no more or S650 comes in to play. If Ford had offered the gt350 for 45 grand things would have been different, the production and sales numbers would definitely go high, and ADM would be not an issue. Potential 1le buyers might have shift to Ford.

Well, that might just be addressed with the '18MY and the two Performance Packs that were highlighted.....I certainly hope so. And if GT350 is given a little bump in HP, well, perhaps that would prevent its toes being trodden on.

As it is, that 1LE is very, very impressive.

:)

Sponsored

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
I'm just calling it like it is without my Mustang glasses on.... :) I've owned plenty of both. My Mustang GT PP was a fantastic deal, no Camaro 1LE of the outgoing gen was even close. If I look at it like folks who do houses when they buy under budget, I've got a lot of mod money I could borrow! (Always thought that sounded stupid)

classicrockr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 2LT/RS HYper Blue Convertible Camaro
I LOVE the camaro... long as someone else owns it.

All jokes aside, I don't like the small windows or lack of trunk space in the verts.

Nor do I like the way the verts fold back (unless they fixed it this year). Yea, they can go down at 30 mph, but the trunk gets windy/exposed, slightly.

Vert seems like a step ahead, and two steps back, IMO.
It took me a while to get used to the smaller windows, but now I prefer the "tank" view. With my sideviews adjusted so i dont see my car in them, i have NO blind spot issue. And the verts trunk space is very small, but once my kids moved out, I don't need much trunk space. I've only had a window shade blow out once at 29mph because I had it in the top storage area when putting the top down. My goal when I retire is to have a camaro, challenging & mustang in my garage....these car development wars are great...

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
the current LT1 was designed for truck use, with the idea that the Camaro and Corvette would also use it. It wouldn't exist for *JUST* the Camaro and Corvette as GM couldn't justify a new car V8 for just two relatively low volume engines. Don't forget just how little money GM had when the LT1 was being worked on, and where ALL of that money was from.
Actually the truth is both platforms dating back generations have been using truck engines. Low rpm torque is the key for longevity and durability and big displacement for low rpm torque. Ford went the sohc route and then sohc but called them for torque and lower rpms. Remember the 96 cobra ? Pathetic 4v dohc wheezer above 6k rpm. Talk about compromise. GM has pretty much won considering low rpm torque and bigger displacement = way better fuel economy with a tall 6th gear.

GM broke the mold with the LS7, but really just an altered LS. The foundation is essentially the same and didn't require a major investment and design of a new engine. Ford finally did the same with the voodoo. Sell enough trucks and make billions and the higher ups will say yes to a project of that magnitude.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Well, that might just be addressed with the '18MY and the two Performance Packs that were highlighted.....I certainly hope so. And if GT350 is given a little bump in HP, well, perhaps that would prevent its toes being trodden on.

As it is, that 1LE is very, very impressive.

:)
Lets hope so for the 18MY. Combining magnetic ride, with more rubber, ability to rev upto 7500 rpm with 3.73 gears,and a power bump might change the game. If they also manage to loose some weight then

Jp23rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto
I have test drove a Camaro v6 auto and an Ecoboost Mustang auto. The visibility on the Camaro is not good. On the other hand, the Mustang is fine in all regards even with the long hood. I actually like how the Mustang drove a bit more than the Camaro. I preferred the V6 to the ecoboost. The looks of the Mustang will age better over time. I need help deciding on a 2016 model.
Sponsored