Need some help choosing which GT

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I really gave it a lot of thought and with my knees flaring up from time to time, I decided to go the auto route. It was difficult and I will miss the manual, but I had to think of how it would as this is my daily driver. Brought her home yesterday...evidently it was the only one like this in all of central florida that was available and someone was looking at it on friday...sales guy texted me asking if I was still serious and I said yes I'll be there tomorrow...he took the car out back and hid it for me :D
Here she is...
20af32a.jpg

351a5w3.jpg

opzj9u.jpg
She is purdy....:thumbsup:

Congrats..:cheers:
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Damn that color is pretty. Update us on how ya like the auto after some miles. One day I'll hafta go auto because of the knees too, had my left scoped just for this car lol.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Beautiful! Congratulations!

SergeyMelnik

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sergey
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Damn that is sexy. The black out package looks good in that color. Now you gotta tint the windows, put on 1" wheel spacers and lower it.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I really gave it a lot of thought and with my knees flaring up from time to time, I decided to go the auto route. It was difficult and I will miss the manual, but I had to think of how it would as this is my daily driver. Brought her home yesterday...evidently it was the only one like this in all of central florida that was available and someone was looking at it on friday...sales guy texted me asking if I was still serious and I said yes I'll be there tomorrow...he took the car out back and hid it for me :D
Here she is...
20af32a.jpg

351a5w3.jpg

opzj9u.jpg
Nice!! Looks you have the factory painted black roof. That with the black spoiler and black badges is a killer look..I am a fan of that combo as well obviously.. Congrats on the car!

Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0_SD

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Thanks for the compliments all!
Yep, factory painted black roof...wish the headlight bezels were black...along with the door handles and mirrors...ok maybe overkill, lol. Headlight bezels black would be awesome though.
Tint is definite since it's florida...lowering sometime down the road too...exhaust for sure. Really want a premium bumper and do a roush diffuser for quad tip exhaust. I also want to do the switchbacks, 4th brake light, and sequential brake light as well as upgrade interior lighting. I don't have the balls to do the DRL's and demon eyes but wouldn't mind having that. Will also do some BMR/J&M/Steeda/Cortex stuff, wider wheels, fatter tires. Mishimoto intake...other suggestions? All in the plans at some point. I want to upgrade the base stereo but not sure what to go with. I actually want to keep the manual controls so the Tesla style is out for me. I pulled my JL amp and subs from the '14 GT so I want that incorporated as well (will upgrade the cabin speakers too). Sound quality from the head unit is important to me...I would like navigation in it too and not lose the backup camera...recommendations please.

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
Thanks for the compliments all!
Yep, factory painted black roof...wish the headlight bezels were black...along with the door handles and mirrors...ok maybe overkill, lol. Headlight bezels black would be awesome though.
Tint is definite since it's florida...lowering sometime down the road too...exhaust for sure. Really want a premium bumper and do a roush diffuser for quad tip exhaust. I also want to do the switchbacks, 4th brake light, and sequential brake light as well as upgrade interior lighting. I don't have the balls to do the DRL's and demon eyes but wouldn't mind having that. Will also do some BMR/J&M/Steeda/Cortex stuff, wider wheels, fatter tires. Mishimoto intake...other suggestions? All in the plans at some point. I want to upgrade the base stereo but not sure what to go with. I actually want to keep the manual controls so the Tesla style is out for me. I pulled my JL amp and subs from the '14 GT so I want that incorporated as well (will upgrade the cabin speakers too). Sound quality from the head unit is important to me...I would like navigation in it too and not lose the backup camera...recommendations please.
For those headlights, amber corner blackouts...http://www.anchor-room.com/product_info.php?cPath=132_130&products_id=18184

Personally, I'd go in this order:

1. Lose the Ford Of Clermont license plate cover so you're not a moving billboard..ha! (I used to live in Orlando).

2. Tint first as you are in FL.!

3. Exhaust upgrade for the instant gratification, lots of good choices out there, Corsa, Borla,MBRP..I have ARK GRiP and absolutely dig it..if you can afford it, go catback and lose the suitcase resonator..(btw, you may not even care about stereo at that point!)

4. Suspension, you can't go wrong with anything from BMR and Steeda, and these upgrades will make a huge difference in the handling, the BMR Cradle Lockout is definitely something you may want to consider.

5A. Any exterior mods/lighting..OR..
5B. Interior mods. I added a Beith Performance GTR wheel, Anarchy Motive Shift knob, and upgraded interior lights.

6A.. If you want to go with a different wheel setup, why throw away new tires? Just save your $$ and wear the stock ones out, then upgrade to a new wheel/tire combo down the road..OR..
6B. Underhood performance upgrades, CAI, custom tune, Lund and Livernois both are top of the game mail order tunes (though these could possibly void your warranty, but figuring you probably already know that).

Note, this is just my personal preference, and pretty obvious upgrades, and you do what you want, how you want..whatever you decide, just make it yours!

Good luck!

Last edited:

MustangDaily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, Auto
Your Mustang looks great! If you find that the paddle shifters are a little slow on shifting, I heard a tune might alleviate that issue. Also be careful when you put the shifter from S to D because if you do it too fast, it will miss the locking mechanism and put you in neutral. I learned that the hard way and thought I did a neutral drop when I put it back from N to D while the rpms were high but it turned out the 6r80 was smart enough to wait for the rpms to go low. I guess it's another reason why its "Bulletproof"

Last edited:
OP
OP
5.0_SD

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
For those headlights, amber corner blackouts...http://www.anchor-room.com/product_info.php?cPath=132_130&products_id=18184

Personally, I'd go in this order:

1. Lose the Ford Of Clermont license plate cover so you're not a moving billboard..ha! (I used to live in Orlando).

2. Tint first as you are in FL.!

3. Exhaust upgrade for the instant gratification, lots of good choices out there, Corsa, Borla,MBRP..I have ARK GRiP and absolutely dig it..if you can afford it, go catback and lose the suitcase resonator..(btw, you may not even care about stereo at that point!)

4. Suspension, you can't go wrong with anything from BMR and Steeda, and these upgrades will make a huge difference in the handling, the BMR Cradle Lockout is definitely something you may want to consider.

5A. Any exterior mods/lighting..OR..
5B. Interior mods. I added a Beith Performance GTR wheel, Anarchy Motive Shift knob, and upgraded interior lights.

6A.. If you want to go with a different wheel setup, why throw away new tires? Just save your $$ and wear the stock ones out, then upgrade to a new wheel/tire combo down the road..OR..
6B. Underhood performance upgrades, CAI, custom tune, Lund and Livernois both are top of the game mail order tunes (though these could possibly void your warranty, but figuring you probably already know that).

Note, this is just my personal preference, and pretty obvious upgrades, and you do what you want, how you want..whatever you decide, just make it yours!

Good luck!
Ya the license plate border will go soon. Heh, pretty much the order I was thinking too...need to find a good tinter as I don't want to go all the way to Orlando for it (I'm in the Leesburg, Fruitland Park, The Villages, Wildwood area). I had Huper Optik on my '14, but I know that tint is hard to work with...looking for the best thermal/UV protection I can find. Then number 3 I was going to do exhaust (catback for sure...I was sold on Corsa Extreme, but I will have a listen to the ARK and I was also considering AWE as well. Yes, wheels and tires last...I will kill these tires first, lol.
Sponsored