Need help designing the transition between wrap and paint

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
So I had a bumper repair which yielded a slightly lighter color twister orange than OEM, and I think it is due to not perfecting the mid coat in the tri coat process. It looks great, and I feel bad going back and asking for a respray (I will be visiting them when warm enough to drive again), but I have also been toying with this concept. They blended the door panel, but on the other side they didn't want to blend into the quarter panel leaving a harsh line between the bumper and quarter panels.

I know that the purple is polarizing for people, but I like my car in Halloween colors. Looking for ideas on how to blend the wrap if I go this route. Hard line? Geometric pattern to filter the orange into the purple (similar to mopar honeycomb paint jobs transitioning to black). Maybe horizontal hard parts like a comb? IDK, but open to ideas.

michael myers.png

purple mustang.png

honeycomb.png
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Also, if youā€™re on Instagram, check out stevegt500_. Heā€™s got a Twister Orange GT500 with lots of purple on it and it looks good

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Also, if youā€™re on Instagram, check out stevegt500_. Heā€™s got a Twister Orange GT500 with lots of purple on it and it looks good
I am, but not in an attempt to be an influencer haha. I just post the shit I've done so I can always look back like an organized log. I do follow him and laughed when I saw someone else rocking the purple.

Just found this one:

Screenshot_20240113_113749_Instagram.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am, but not in an attempt to be an influencer haha. I just post the shit I've done so I can always look back like an organized log. I do follow him and laughed when I saw someone else rocking the purple.

Just found this one:

Screenshot_20240113_113749_Instagram.jpg
Oh me neither, I donā€™t influence anyone LOL. Iā€™m on there to follow car stuff mostly

Sponsored

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Oh me neither, I donā€™t influence anyone LOL. Iā€™m on there to follow car stuff mostly
My friend called me after this cuz he knows the dude with that car hahaha. Small world.

TonyT930

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible in Ruby Red
So I had a bumper repair which yielded a slightly lighter color twister orange than OEM, and I think it is due to not perfecting the mid coat in the tri coat process. It looks great, and I feel bad going back and asking for a respray (I will be visiting them when warm enough to drive again), but I have also been toying with this concept. They blended the door panel, but on the other side they didn't want to blend into the quarter panel leaving a harsh line between the bumper and quarter panels.

I know that the purple is polarizing for people, but I like my car in Halloween colors. Looking for ideas on how to blend the wrap if I go this route. Hard line? Geometric pattern to filter the orange into the purple (similar to mopar honeycomb paint jobs transitioning to black). Maybe horizontal hard parts like a comb? IDK, but open to ideas.

michael myers.png

purple mustang.png

honeycomb.png
IMHO, I would take the car back and have them paint the car correctly.

rocsteady

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Quick search, I couldn't find the picture but if you're looking to cover the back third, I've been blown away by the ones where it appears the car is going fast enough for its wrap to have started peeling off, being blown off so it looks like the car's color is peeling off due to the wind as it drives. One I was looking for had the appearance that the front of the car was one color, the back was a second and the "inside" of the "wrap that's peeling off" is chrome, shows against the color of the rear of the car.

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Quick search, I couldn't find the picture but if you're looking to cover the back third, I've been blown away by the ones where it appears the car is going fast enough for its wrap to have started peeling off, being blown off so it looks like the car's color is peeling off due to the wind as it drives. One I was looking for had the appearance that the front of the car was one color, the back was a second and the "inside" of the "wrap that's peeling off" is chrome, shows against the color of the rear of the car.
That sounds sick. Got any pictures?

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I'm sure someone thinks the same of mine, but that thing's loud in all the wrong ways imo

Just found this one:
I really like the one you posted here too. I think the hard transition looks good in what you mocked up, just move it a lil more towards the front of the car. But I do agree that you should probably get the paint done correctly first.

I looked for over an hour and can't find it. I liked this one though too. Obviously the OP would have to modify the color choices on his orange one.
Man, I absolutely love this one.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
That blue and black one is pretty sweet. That number 32 Shelby car is bad ass too. Whenever you get it done post it up

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm sure someone thinks the same of mine, but that thing's loud in all the wrong ways imo

I really like the one you posted here too. I think the hard transition looks good in what you mocked up, just move it a lil more towards the front of the car. But I do agree that you should probably get the paint done correctly first.

Man, I absolutely love this one.
He does have a lot going on on his car but the purple does go well with TO.

OP
OP
Twister_Orange_5oh

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
He does have a lot going on on his car but the purple does go well with TO.
Glad someone shares my opinion. For me, it all started with the calipers. I didn't want to paint match simply because I was trying to be obnoxious, and ended up blending my own shade of purple.

It's pretty slick, where it looks purple in the sun or show lighting, but the shade or overcast pushes it to a deep blue/black and returns it to inconspicuous.

20230819_152134.jpg

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1