$400 is about what the dealer should charge IMO
Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
$400 is about what the dealer should charge IMO

I'm not 100% sure of the legality of the dealer offering the service to begin with. But Ford would crack down in a heart beat if they had dealers offering Nav on cars for less than what it costs from the factory.

A little over factory cost is reasonable IMO.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I'm not 100% sure of the legality of the dealer offering the service to begin with. But Ford would crack down in a heart beat if they had dealers offering Nav on cars for less than what it costs from the factory.

A little over factory cost is reasonable IMO.
How is this any different than putting a aftermarket CAI on your car to get more HP than the factory one? You are adding something from another company for less that will make your car better... j/s

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
My guess is this will be offered by performance shops vs a dealer.... And from what I'm reading, it probably won't happen anyways

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
How is this any different than putting a aftermarket CAI on your car to get more HP than the factory one? You are adding something from another company for less that will make your car better... j/s
You are enabling a feature built in from the factory that you didn't pay for. Not the same as adding an aftermarket part that Ford would never have made any money off anyway. I think its a grey area, but I'm not a lawyer.

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
My guess is this will be offered by performance shops vs a dealer.... And from what I'm reading, it probably won't happen anyways
Its already available now. Just costs a lot at $1150....

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
You are enabling a feature built in from the factory that you didn't pay for. Not the same as adding an aftermarket part that Ford would never have made any money off anyway. I think its a grey area, but I'm not a lawyer.
Yeah I understand the ford/lawyer angle... Again this is no different than changing the boost on a turbo through a tune... It's there and capable of handling more... It all comes down to money If all the hardware is there than this should be a standard feature!

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
I, for one, just use my phone and a mount for Nav. But I figure somewhere down the line, someone will figure out how to hack the system safely. It is essentially just a computer. The hardware is there, same 8" touch screen, GPS coordinates, compass, it just needs the maps from what I can tell. I think dealer's will sit there and say it needs to get taken apart to justify the cost and scare people away from doing the modification on their own. I really think it is very feasible to modify this at a reasonable cost. Might just have to wait on it.

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I was told by my dealer that if I wanted to add nav, it would cost a little over 1000. They said it's not as simple as adding the SM card. The hardware is not there on a non-nav system.

Now, I don't know if that's true. Seems like it's all computer to me. If anyone have turned a non-nav into a nav without replacing the head unit, please sure.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
In the past if you didn't order GPS you did not get a GPS antenna either. For those of you claiming that all the hardware is there, are you sure that the GPS antenna is included on non-GPS cars?

Sponsored
OP
OP

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
Its been posted on here that you can pull up latitude and longitude on the premiums. Would assume you need a gps antenna for that

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You guys do know they make little wifi boxes that hook into your head unit and allow you to wirelessly stream both Android and iphone to your screen right? Use google maps with traffis and always updated and free. The boxes are like $100. Miracast.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
You guys do know they make little wifi boxes that hook into your head unit and allow you to wirelessly stream both Android and iphone to your screen right?
Yes we do know that. But there are no video inputs on the head unit to connect those boxes to.

OP
OP

Black6gGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015Mustang GT Premium
You beat me to it
Sponsored