Sponsored

National Theft Search & Recovery?

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I recently received a letter from this organization: National Theft Search & Recovery, telling me that I have 2 weeks to register my vehicle with them in order to receive "DNA Decals" for police tracking/recovering purposes.

According to them, these decals are free if I register in time.. afterwards they will cost $400. I checked out their website, entered the pin # included in the letter and it showed my name, address and very vague car detail, basically all it said was 2016 Ford Coupe.

Now, I tried looking them up online and couldn't find anything.. their website is NTSRD.org which is a red flag to me since it's a .org and yet seems to be for profit as they charge an annual fee for their registry services.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have received similar letters? This seems like a scam to me but I'm not entirely sure. Only mention I've found was in a hellcat forum where the guys said the same thing, seems like a scam.

My car is equipped with a GPS tracker so I thought maybe it had something to do with that, doesn't seem to be the case.

Edit: just wanted to add, on their website if you click registration it takes you to a jotform.com page... this seems really shady.. Lol. I hope no one here has been screwed by them.
Sponsored

dkbush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Ruby Red
I just received a letter from National Theft Search & Recovery today. Looks like a scam, they don't have a BBB rating and the website was registered 196 days ago, "Domain Created: 2015-09-28 16:39:54".

I check the BBB on these, if they don't make an effort to get rated, then that's a red flag.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Never heard of such an organization... Don't ever sign up for, input or fill out any bring with your personal info (even car VIN or details) unless you are absolutely 1000% the entity is legit...

Places like that fish for personal info - next thing you know, you're the victim of stolen identity or being targeted for theft.

Post up a pic of the letter so others can avoid it.
Sponsored