OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
I finally pulled the trigger on a new shift knob. I have been looking forever for a heavy knob that would not get hot and cause 3rd degree burns in the AZ summer. I finally found Raceseng. I ended up going with their Hybrid system. At the core is a solid billet steel shift knob that accepts threaded delrin covers. I ended up getting two cover the orbature and the creature. The knob has a nice engraved shift pattern on the top that I might eventually fill with color. This is a very nice system. I can't wait to get it installed and drive around. Especially since switching to the steeda reverse lock out pull my stock knob has been misaligned; Driving me absolutely nuts. I have a slight dusting of OCD as I think I've mentioned before, so this causes me anxiety on a daily basis.

Anyhow, here are some pre-install photos of my sexy knob. :doh:

First here is a photo of that misaligned mess. When I installed just the tri-ax and still had the stock pull it was fine, but when I installed the Steeda reverse lock out pull this happened.

30634223925_3642dfe74e_c.jpg

Here is what comes in the kit. You get an adapter nut. This is a pretty slick design it has a set screw at the top that allows you to get the shift pattern perfect. I also allows Raceseng to save some cost and not have to make specific knobs for each model. They can make a few variations based on shift patterns and just make vehicle specific (less expensive) adapters. Very smart from a business standpoint. You can see the billet steel core part of the knob. They call this the "Ture" part of the hybrid system. This Delrin cover is call the "Orba". Again, the clever business part is this configuration is called the Orbature knob. The long L thing is what they call the Hybrid Key. This slides into the bottom of the knob and aids in tightening or loosening the delrin cover.

30597816466_afea3854be_c.jpg

30634225365_455b78e196_c.jpg

Close up of the "Ture" component and the shift pattern.

30634226145_875be1e948_c.jpg

The additional delrin cover tucked in the back. That is the "Crea" Cover.

30634237365_ca5b21def6_c.jpg

Here's the bottom of the knob. This shows the recessed area for the reverse lock out pull. It also shows the machined area where the hybrid key slides into place.

30597827046_6371fe0d6f_c.jpg

Lastly, a beauty shot of that assembled Orbature knob.

30597815846_7e6a2dc65b_c.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Got the shift knob installed. Pretty straight forward but I did have to make some modifications because of my Tri-ax shifter and billet lock out pull. Steeda made these two parts with different specs than the stock units. Thus I had to make some modifications to the Raceseng adapter nut. This was not because of Raceseng's design, but rather the design of the shifter. I sent Raceseng some feedback about the design and they confirmed that it works perfect with the stock unit.
It wasn't a big deal, I had to remove 9mm from the bottom of the adapter and then add a spacer to the top. I put together a pretty detailed video of the install and the changes I had to make.

After driving for a few hours I absolutely love this knob. This was the missing piece to the puzzle in my shifting experience. The added weight as size make shifts butter smooth. The knob sits a little higher than the stock. Because of the Steeda shifter my knob now sits the same exact height as a stock knob with a stock shifter. I decided to rock the Orbature knob for now, but I'll probably switch to the Creature in the summer.

Again i can not recommend this knob enough!

30643220365_191778c0e9_c.jpg

30634220945_7a7ae81abd_c.jpg

30634222195_7602cae20b_c.jpg

30634226995_1ec9ca9f7f_c.jpg

And the install video.

[ame]

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
Looks great!!!

Sponsored

Sponsored

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Awesome stuff! Will the plaques eventually be offered in similar color configurations to the howlers? Would be sweet to have a full matching set!