Nasty sound on cold startup

WilECoyote5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shannon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible Competition Orange
I have a 5.0 GT Convertible with 3500 miles. I have noticed a nasty sound on cold startup that lasts for about 3-4 seconds. It is hard to describe. Not a knock or a ping, but kinda like a metallic noise that is above the normal engine noise. Sounds like the engine isn't getting oil circulation at first and then it lines out and is fine. Not sure if all coyote V8s do this or if something is wrong with mine. Any advice?
Sponsored

HrDrift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have a 5.0 GT Convertible with 3500 miles. I have noticed a nasty sound on cold startup that lasts for about 3-4 seconds. It is hard to describe. Not a knock or a ping, but kinda like a metallic noise that is above the normal engine noise. Sounds like the engine isn't getting oil circulation at first and then it lines out and is fine. Not sure if all coyote V8s do this or if something is wrong with mine. Any advice?
its normal. engine oil needs to circulate the whole engine for a couple of seconds to reach to its normal sound. nothing to worry about. a lot of cars make that sound

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Sure it isn't this?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19164