Votes: 6 13.3%
  • See My Suggestion...

Votes: 6 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
These STs look to me like engineered performance sporty cars without any add-ons.

4.png

5.png

An ST EB2.3 Mustang along with an ST Fusion would make a logical sequence of similar engineered performance sporty cars before stepping up to the GT big dogs.
I see the possibility of a special edition ST 2.3 i4 in the future but I don't see us getting special badging and performance when its the base model everywhere else.
Sponsored

DarkAgent10

Has the Mustang ever shared a badge with any other Ford car? Why would it start now?

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
THERE WILL BE NO MUSTANG ST! 100% NO! PERIOD.

Stop talking about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
There will be no name for the base car this year, hopefully, the Ecoboost tree leaf badge is NOT the default way to tell the two apart.

It will just be Mustang and you can order an engine option. No SVO, No ST, No Turbo... Maybe an Ecoboost Tea Leaf badge... I'd rather petition SVO then have a Tea Leaf Mustang.

If they make a Fusion ST, I could see them making a Mustang ST. Once the 6 is gone, it won't matter.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
THERE WILL BE NO MUSTANG ST! 100% NO! PERIOD.

Stop talking about it.
That is until threads like this give that notion power. I'd say SVO and ST are split, and that is saying a lot since there has been an SVO. Yet people (perhaps young people) know and identify with ST. I'd say, if you continue to not support your case by using caps, "!", and NOs... Ford probably won't take your argument into consideration.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
These STs look to me like engineered performance sporty cars without any add-ons.

4.png

5.png

An ST EB2.3 Mustang along with an ST Fusion would make a logical sequence of similar engineered performance sporty cars before stepping up to the GT big dogs.

John, the Ford Focus & Fiesta were not manufacturer with racing in mind, they were not even engineered to compete on the track. Nor doing their design, where they tested up against the M3, nor the 911... Those^ are simply small econoboxes, with add-on parts.

They were not engineered, nor design as a sports car. The "performance" aspects of those cars, come from more sportier plastic, and upgraded add-on components. Those two cars are simply passenger cars, that have some performance "bits", nothing more.

On-the-other-hand, the Ford Mustang was designed from the ground up (every nut, bolt, weld and material) as a performance vehicle meant to tackle the M3/911 and on handle the riggers of track duty.

There is no street-modding going on with the s550 platform, all it's performance comes from engineering, & design before the car was ever manufactured.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
John, the Ford Focus & Fiesta were not manufacturer with racing in mind, they were not even engineered to compete on the track. Nor doing their design, where they tested up against the M3, nor the 911... Those^ are simply small econoboxes, with add-on parts.

They were not engineered, nor design as a sports car. The "performance" aspects of those cars, come from more sportier plastic, and upgraded add-on components. Those two cars are simply passenger cars, that have some performance "bits", nothing more.

On-the-other-hand, the Ford Mustang was designed from the ground up (every nut, bolt, weld and material) as a performance vehicle meant to tackle the M3/911 and on handle the riggers of track duty.

There is no street-modding going on with the s550 platform, all it's performance comes from engineering, & design before the car was ever manufactured.
Wrong one the ST's

Sponsored

Bullitt3980

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
79 to 81 Mustangs could have the turbo 4 in any model--didn't have to be a cobra. They would have the hood scoop because of underhood clearance issues with little turbo badges on the scoop. I think this is how Ford will market the ecoboost--the base stang can have the 6 or 4 and the GT will have the v8. Ecoboost equipped cars will have a little badge but no special model.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Back to the main topic, I bet the car will be released with no special badges and will just be the model below the GT like the current V6 model as has been stated by a few others. If Ford wants to make a special edition Ecoboost and call it the ST or SVO that would be cool with me.

trolls56

Threads
Reaction score
Back to the main topic, I bet the car will be released with no special badges and will just be the model below the GT like the current V6 model as has been stated by a few others. If Ford wants to make a special edition Ecoboost and call it the ST or SVO that would be cool with me.
Exactly what I have been saying whole time. I just really hope no ecoboost badges or Ford badges are on the car. The way they had it on GMA is the way they should keep the ecoboost.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Exactly what I have been saying whole time. I just really hope no ecoboost badges or Ford badges are on the car. The way they had it on GMA is the way they should keep the ecoboost.
Ya, I would have thought if they were going to badge it, they would have had it at the reveal.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
... I just really hope no ecoboost badges or Ford badges are on the car....
How does this sound then?

Distill a mix of ST, Tuner, Turbo, Ford, and TwinForce into TF.

Although Ford needs to have a high efficiency motor for the Mustang for corporate fuel economy reasons, they may not need to put so much emphasis on fuel economy in their sports car. TF would be exclusive to Ford and could be used to emphasize performance as well as economy on their Ecoboost equipped sportier cars, as in a TF Fusion.

Mustang and Ecoboost enthusiasts could read it as TwinForce.
Other car enthusiasts could read it as Turbo by Ford or Tuner by Ford.
SVT could add max horsepower numbers to it to indicate an SVT version.

Some Examples:
3.jpg
NFS.jpg
image.jpg
2.jpg
TF1.jpg
TF3.jpg
TF2.jpg
tf350.jpg
Sponsored