FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Hi guys,

Anyone used MyUs Address or similar service to ship from the US, as I’m thinking of signing up?

They give you a unique address to order stuff and you can avoid local sales tax and get multiple purchases consolidated before sending to the U.K. with reduced shipping charges.

Of course, you can’t avoid the customs or VAT this end but me and my kids buy a lot of stuff from the US, so it looks interesting.

Cheers
David
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
few of us use stackry.com all the time.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Stackry for me, used a few times with no issues

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Stackry for me, used a few times with no issues
Thanks, that was second on my list but I’ll check it out, It says you can avoid local sales taxes but I rarely see them mentioned as being included in the first place on US websites.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
they're a zero sales tax state so you just ship to their address and don't pay tax on it.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hi guys,

Anyone used MyUs Address or similar service to ship from the US, as I’m thinking of signing up?

They give you a unique address to order stuff and you can avoid local sales tax and get multiple purchases consolidated before sending to the U.K. with reduced shipping charges.

Of course, you can’t avoid the customs or VAT this end but me and my kids buy a lot of stuff from the US, so it looks interesting.

Cheers
David
I have used one successfully for a few years. Unfortunately the U.S. has caught up with only shipping to a credit card holders address so it is becoming less useful.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
I second stackry (you can use my code to sign-up ;-): https://www.stackry.com/register?referral=7118036). Been using it for several years now and service is good. Shipping costs are a bit on the high side I think, but they've gotta make their money somewhere of course.

Make sure you tick the option "add invoice" when ordering, which will also give you an invoice you can use to document the cost of things to the local post agency. Don't know about the UK, but sometimes the post office may ask for additional proof in the form of a credit card/paypal invoice too, which complicates things a bit. But yeah, Stackry is good. They also have a list of shops they know won't ship to them you can check before ordering, though by luck or what I do not know, I've never had an order refused.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
in the uk the rule of thumb is take all the invoices out so customs people can't see a written down value then you devalue it for shipping purposes so you pay less tax :)

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
in the uk the rule of thumb is take all the invoices out so customs people can't see a written down value then you devalue it for shipping purposes so you pay less tax :)
The invoice Stackry includes when you click the "print invoice" or "add invoice" button (can't remember the exact name) is based on the list of items you list when preparing your own shipment (and the value is based on the values you fill in, too). It is important that you fill in these values correct for tax purposes of course, as I have never seen any other invoices in my Stackry package I think (e.g., from Amazon, or whoever I originally ordered from), and hope I never will. I'm not sure if that is because I always tick the option to "repack" things with their own packaging, and throw away the original packaging, which I assume also includes the original invoices.

I didn't tick this option at first since I wasn't entirely sure what it did, but now I always use it. Just a few weeks ago I had to present that exact invoice to Spain post in order to get my Road Warrior Plus Paint Protection Film, heatshield, and various other things cleared.

I'll add that the invoice is well written and looks good.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
yeah they auto remove vendor invoices on repack but on the safe side when shipping to the uk make sure there's no stackry invoice in there either :) other wise that 32% uplift is a killer on big orders

OP
OP
FAB Cruiser

FAB Cruiser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2017
Great tips guys. I’ve signed up, so please keep ‘em coming!

Cheers
David
Sponsored