My Twin Turbo Setup (leave thoughts)

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Is "wish i was fast" actually "Jackson1320"? Very similar communication style and this screen name just happened to pop up after "Jackson1320" was banned. Nah, probably just coincidence....
Holy shit! I was thinking the same thing this morning! Lots of similarities. Maybe we should call detective sanders to investigate?
Sponsored

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Holy shit! I was thinking the same thing this morning! Lots of similarities. Maybe we should call detective sanders to investigate?
Lol. Detective Sanders...classic! 🕵️‍♀️

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Looking at the turbos, the cold side is comp and the hot side is precision. Has anyone seen or heard of this and could explain?

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Two important things you still need:
Upgraded valve springs
Boost controller with boost by gear

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
Two important things you still need:
Upgraded valve springs
Boost controller with boost by gear
Got a turbosmart boost controller

How come upgraded valve springs, if you don't mind explaining

Sponsored

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
Btw I have a NIB dw x-2 fuel hat with 3 NIB 274s available since I went with some brushless setup instead.

Also recommend not getting greedy on boost if your not going to run e-85. Get a short block ready if you're going to roll the dice. Is this a gen 2 car?
Yeah Gen 2 car and I plan to run e85. Tuning will be done by "Tuning By James" in south Florida.

Not sure what filtration media needing to be glass means, sorry.

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
there's nothing wrong with what you've laid out. but you can get the same job done for half the price. also if you want peace of mind, you're gonna need some internal engine work. The engines, pretty stout and it'll hold for a while maybe even for a long time but everytime you go wot you'll be rolling them dice
What sort of internal engine work would you recommend?

OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
So any of the fuel hats with triple pump setups are too big to go in the factory fuel bucket in the tank, so if you have low fuel in the tank there is a chance you can starve the pump from the fuel sloshing around. People get around it by not letting the fuel get below half a tank if you are hammering on the gas pedal. I didnt want to deal with that and I am not going to run E85 so I dont need the extra volume 3 pumps will provide. I chose an X2 fuel hat from Deatschwerks, it allows you to run two pumps inside the factory fuel bucket.

How is the EPA regs in your area? If you live in a small town like me, it will not matter how you setup the crank case vents. It is about how they test your car for emissions. I assume it doesnt matter for you, I dont see many turbo kits still running CATs.
So you're saying I will have this issue? I do run e85 so if this is the case it will be an issue for me. I rather not have to fill up every half tank.

In florida where I live there is no epa regs or anything like that.

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
So you're saying I will have this issue? I do run e85 so if this is the case it will be an issue for me. I rather not have to fill up every half tank.

In florida where I live there is no epa regs or anything like that.
I think I read someone say its more like 1/4 tank. Factory fuel systems use a bucket so the pumps are always submerged. All I am saying is be aware the triple pump system will not have a bucket, you will need to pay attention to your fuel level. If your pumps suck air at WOT it will create a lean event in the engine and the stock parts will not survive.
I am just warning you of something I didn't understand when I first started looking at FI and fuel systems.
Ask the person selling you the fuel system what the lowest safe level of fuel you can have in the tank when at wide open throttle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Umang

Umang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rama
Vehicle(s)
I think I read someone say its more like 1/4 tank. Factory fuel systems use a bucket so the pumps are always submerged. All I am saying is be aware the triple pump system will not have a bucket, you will need to pay attention to your fuel level. If your pumps suck air at WOT it will create a lean event in the engine and the stock parts will not survive.
I am just warning you of something I didn't understand when I first started looking at FI and fuel systems.
Ask the person selling you the fuel system what the lowest safe level of fuel you can have in the tank when at wide open throttle.
Okay cool, thanks for the information! I appreciate it and will do!!

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Looking at the turbos, the cold side is comp and the hot side is precision. Has anyone seen or heard of this and could explain?
Yeah Gen 2 car and I plan to run e85. Tuning will be done by "Tuning By James" in south Florida.

Not sure what filtration media needing to be glass means, sorry.
Fuel filtration media needs to be microglass, so that E-85 doesn't destroy it.

Are you manual or auto? Also what numbers are you looking for. I'll go back and see if I can find it.

Normally the numbers are the small side of the compressor or turbine wheels.

For instance precision 6262 is a 62mm inducer on the compressor side and a 62mm exducer on the turbine side.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

If you get back pressure you can have valve float at some elevated boost pressures. Easy way is to solve the back pressure.

wish i was fast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt s550
Exactly my point weirdo.
Normally driven coyotes aren't jumping timing. Only ones that get the piss revved out of them jump timing. Or the ones that have faulty vct. Bracket not needed.
they don't jump timing. the driver side secondary tensioner is on the wrong side and allows the cams to fluctuate 3-4 degrees plus or minus. the bracket flips the tensioner to the correct side.

wish i was fast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt s550

you don't need valve springs if you have a correctly sized turbo/exhaust. this happens mostly when people try to keep the factory adjustable cat back exhaust.
Sponsored