Sponsored

My thoughts for new modders after 3 years of ownership

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
A stock 2.3 could survive without one, yes. Is a cheap catch can worth it? Betcha ass it is. I also started with a catch can as my first mod, knowing how finicky this engine is with touching anything from the catalytic converter back. Just a high flow cat will make the 2.3 eventually start ingesting oil.
And round and round she goes...
Sponsored

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
A very detailed write up that took alot of time and thought to help guide new owners, and we end up right back in 2015 about the lockness carbon monster. What a waste of a post lol

While were at it, has anyone managed to find an exhaust that busts out a v8 note yet? Asking for a friend in 2014.

To the OP, thanks for the time. Personally I'll be shooting for a 2.0 block paired with either a 7163 or 7670. I've been saying this for years. You can have a stout 500hp car for less than a new GT. (My local prices avg. 38-42k)

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
A very detailed write up that took alot of time and thought to help guide new owners, and we end up right back in 2015 about the lockness carbon monster. What a waste of a post lol

While were at it, has anyone managed to find an exhaust that busts out a v8 note yet? Asking for a friend in 2014.

To the OP, thanks for the time. Personally I'll be shooting for a 2.0 block paired with either a 7163 or 7670. I've been saying this for years. You can have a stout 500hp car for less than a new GT. (My local prices avg. 38-42k)
What are your thoughts about fuel injecting the 2.0 ? Would you use direct injection or port injection ?

Sponsored

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
What are your thoughts about fuel injecting the 2.0 ? Would you use direct injection or port injection ?
Both I suppose. The regular setup for both cars is direct injection so I'd still be using that. Paired with meth injection so technically that's port.

I would prefer all around port however and ditch the direct stuff

lsiunsuex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mario
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible Premium
Thanks for the effort on the write up. I was considering upgrading the intercooler and was going to go with a mishimoto; ordered the ETS instead this morning. Wasn't about to pay $139 to have it painted black so silver it is.

Not to drag out the catch can discussion anymore, but a different question (I didn't order it) - I've read running methanol helps keep the internals clean. Half? think a catch can is a good idea; others think it's a waste / not needed. Do I "need" one if I'm running methanol as the methanol has cleaning properties?

(any harm in spray painting the intercooler black myself? lol...)

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
I'm about to order a upc dvcc but I'm stuck on these options of whether or not I need a check valve or what intake size means. Can anyone shed some light for this rookie?

Sponsored

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Get the billet CVs. Intake size is the size of your intake tube so they can supply the right coupler.
that helps a lot! uhm...how would one know what the size of the intake tube is? i had the ford performance procal/cai installed but i think they only replace the airbox so i guess i would be stock?

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
How about you two get a room and work out all that unresolved sexual tension?
Sponsored