Sponsored

My Lil Pony is now my Supercharged Beast!

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
Congrats on your hard work that paid off those are amazing numbers!!!!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Congrats!!!!

I also went the VMP Gen 2 route on my 2015.

The tuning was somewhat of a challenge, but we were able to get it done. Ken Bjonnes @ Lund worked his magic on it.

I had made up an adapter like you as well, but then just decided to wait on the tuning to come around.

Enjoy your kit! It performs very well!

OP
OP
Scarborough

Scarborough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Congrats on your new beast. Also props to CTP for getting your tune nailed down instead of leaving you out on an island like someone did.

I would be furious if I just spent $6-$8k on something I would thought to have been well sorted out and then find out I have to spend additional $$$ to get a running tune.

Any plans to run it down the track?
Thanks! It was quite an adventure. We don't have any immediate plans, but when we do, Mustang6g will be the first to know!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scarborough

Scarborough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Congrats!!!!

I also went the VMP Gen 2 route on my 2015. :thumbsup:

The tuning was somewhat of a challenge, but we were able to get it done. Ken Bjonnes @ Lund worked his magic on it.

I had made up an adapter like you as well, but then just decided to wait on the tuning to come around.

Enjoy your kit! It performs very well!
Congrats! Glad there's a fellow VMP owner that also had some challenges. As stated, it was new kit, new car. It sure is tons of fun!

What was your reason to go with VMP?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Glad there's a fellow VMP owner that also had some challenges. As stated, it was new kit, new car. It sure is tons of fun!

What was your reason to go with VMP?
Yes, you will always have challenges when you are among the first groups of people to do something, in my case - the very first.

My reason to go with the VMP System is simply because of how much success we, and I personally, have had with the VMP SC Systems. Their product quality and support has always exceeded my expectations. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Scarborough

Scarborough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
I am happy to be a supercharged mustang owner. I'll admit, this is my first SC and from the moment i took delivery (of the mustang) last October, i was hooked and had to know what is available to start modding right away. I pondered for a few months before deciding on the VMP. I probably asked our shop guys every day of which SC i should go with. VMP is what they said. OK - order!

I don't see any reason why anyone would flip out from an opinion on a forum. I do know you can upgrade the TB for an additional cost. That's great to have options! Congrats on your Whipple, congrats to all who chose Roush. None of my story involves bashing so all defense mechanisms can be put away.

As it was previously said, this is part of the pains for being one of the first/few. Simply put, I am a happy customer. I love the kit. I love how smooth this drives now. I love the power. I love the forces.

VMP did all they could with what information they had. So did my performance guy. I have new found respect for the mechanical performance world. I hope this helps anyone who might be stuck at this time to know there is a happy ending!

Now, i should probably go tire shopping. HA!:D

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Good post! I agree with you.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious but are you running 47# injectors? How much boost? Are you using their heat exchanger? Fuel pump booster? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am currently looking to buy a twin screw and am debating on a Whipple or possibly VMP. Thanks.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, what a read. Glad you were able to get the beast up and running. I would have been swinging at the fences if that were me. lol
I bet the car pulls hard. Congrats and enjoy! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Scarborough

Scarborough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT PP
Just curious but are you running 47# injectors? How much boost? Are you using their heat exchanger? Fuel pump booster? Sorry for all of the questions, but I am currently looking to buy a twin screw and am debating on a Whipple or possibly VMP. Thanks.
It is the 47lb Ford Racing injectors. We are running 9psi. And, yes, we have their heat exchanger and their fuel pump booster.

Let me know if you have other questions. Happy to help

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Very nice indeed. That was some great fab work your shop did. I am a little surprised the VMP TVS gave you those many issues. Usually Justin is straight on with the products. For the GT500's the Gen2's work great, but I guess that is because there is not as much work involved with the setup and tuning.

Grats again on getting her going though. Enjoy.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Love my TVS! It was installed in 1 day, flashed the Lund tune, off I went, and she's a beast!!!
Sponsored