Sponsored

My Custom Audio Build - JL Audio/AudioControl

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Okay did you completely cover the large hole in the door (where you can see the power window parts)?

I've got Noico CCF and KnuKonceptz CLD sheets.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adams

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Okay did you completely cover the large hole in the door (where you can see the power window parts)?

I've got Noico CCF and KnuKonceptz CLD sheets.
I didn’t cover it completely. I did add a little to the back of the interior plastic panel as well.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Okay I'll open it up and do that. I had that idea after the doors were back on

Thanks!

Doug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Your system looks good! I'm in the process of adding the midbass to mine after having picked up the door panels. Did you buy the brackets or make spacers for the C7s? If you made them do you remember the thickness?

OP
OP
Adams

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adams

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Reupholstering the rear seat delete with better material. I also reinforced the delete panels to make them more rigid.
99135F6B-35CE-4354-BEA7-F36006A718B1.jpg

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
How did you acoustically isolate the C7 mid from the woofer in the door?

OP
OP
Adams

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
How did you acoustically isolate the C7 mid from the woofer in the door?
The door speakers have FastRings installed. There is also extensive sound deadening on the door panels.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
The door speakers have FastRings installed. There is also extensive sound deadening on the door panels.
Understood, but JL wants that mid to be in 0.4 L-sized enclosure to avoid interference from the back wave of the midbass driver.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Understood, but JL wants that mid to be in 0.4 L-sized enclosure to avoid interference from the back wave of the midbass driver.
I saw the same thing in their instructions. Both 3.5 mid and 6.5 bass drivers share the door cavity and back waves from the bass unit will create distortion in the midrange.

I plan on using these foam baffles behind the mids. It's not the ideal volume though. https://www.crutchfield.ca/p_237XT32/XTC-3-1-2-Speaker-Baffles-Slim-line-1-3-4-depth.html?tp=74192

Sponsored

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
An idea is the use of a resistive vent (aperiodic vents) in a modified small enclosure. Dynaudio used to sell Variovents. Scan Speak used to sell a version: https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/flares/ports/vents/scanspeak-290001-aperiodic-vent-ssv/

If the foam baffles don’t dissolve or melt when in contact with fiberglass resin, an aperiodic vent may be a great option.

I think that the linked vent is very oversized for your application, but they are simple to make.

OP
OP
Adams

Adams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
An idea is the use of a resistive vent (aperiodic vents) in a modified small enclosure. Dynaudio used to sell Variovents. Scan Speak used to sell a version: https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/flares/ports/vents/scanspeak-290001-aperiodic-vent-ssv/

If the foam baffles don’t dissolve or melt when in contact with fiberglass resin, an aperiodic vent may be a great option.

I think that the linked vent is very oversized for your application, but they are simple to make.
It is going to be difficult to get any level of a sealed enclosure on the door panel. I think my third phase of this install is going to be custom pillars with both mid and tweeter together.

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
It is going to be difficult to get any level of a sealed enclosure on the door panel. I think my third phase of this install is going to be custom pillars with both mid and tweeter together.
The aperiodic enclosure has to be vey small, typically just enough to encapsulate the driver. A flush-mount tweeter cup could be used for the basis of the resistive vent.

chowman90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did you have much issues using forscan to remove the eq / bass rolloff? Ive had no luck in finding that module to disable it

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Did you have much issues using forscan to remove the eq / bass rolloff? Ive had no luck in finding that module to disable it
Are you in the correct mode? MS CAN vs HS CAN? only certain stuff is accessible in each one.
Sponsored