Sponsored

My Competition Orange V8

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
[MENTION=12964]Stark[/MENTION] The tyres are MPSS, thats why I am so surprised at the noise as when I put the MPSS tyres on the 19" wheels it was a massive improvement from PZeros. I have gone from 19" wheels with MPSS being fine to 20" tyres with MPSS being terrible.

And I really do mean terrible, I had to drive at 60 as 70 is just horrid.

Yes [MENTION=13889]djone101[/MENTION] I will get the balancing check and try again. It may wind its way up to you otherwise!!

What about alignment? Should I have had the 4 wheel alignment done having done away with spacers etc and if it is out, could it cause the noise to be worse.?

Wheels and spacers have no impact on alignment. So if it was already setup and as long as you have not bounced of any curbs or hit massive pot holes there should be no need for an alignment.

Your running a shorter tyre wall on these MPSS so the construction will be firmer which will transmit more noise though what your saying does sound shocking.

Vibration wise, remove wheels, clean both surfaces and then re-torque wheels in the correct way, nick them all up and then torque each bolt opposite to each other. Problem persist ask for wheels to be re-balanced.

Car should drive smooth, bigger wheels don't cause vibrations unless they are bent.
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Are the new wheels hubcentric??

I would hope they are, but if not, that will be your problem...:)

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 get v8 ucl mag grey & e93 m3 cp
Are the new wheels hubcentric??

I would hope they are, but if not, that will be your problem...:)
good call enoch!

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
good call enoch!
Cheers....:D

Centre bore size for the mustang is 70.3mm

According to the Rovos website these wheels are supplied in 66.56, 71.5, 73.1, and 74.1...

Unless these are a custom centre bore I'd suggest some inserts are required to centre the wheel on the hub...

Had a similar issue with an old 3 series BMW years ago....ended up flogging the wheels:(

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

According to the Rovos website these wheels are supplied in 66.56, 71.5, 73.1, and 74.1...

Unless these are a custom centre bore I'd suggest some inserts are required to centre the wheel on the hub...

Had a similar issue with an old 3 series BMW years ago....ended up flogging the wheels:(

If that is the case then you nailed it.

All Mustang fit wheels have a 70.5mm bore, well that is what MRR advertise on there 350 direct fit wheels.

So yeah as Enoch says you will need inserts to perfectly centre them on the hub.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Fuck me, that makes sense.. [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] ???

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

Sorry guys, been in a meeting all day while you are discussing my issue.

Nice call Enock and certainly could be my issue. I am still going to get the balancing checked and I will get the guys to take care when the pull the wheel nuts up.

Dave from GT101 has already located some rings that will fit and I have someone that can most likely make some.

Hopefully this will sort the vibration. The noise alone I can live with as it is only on concrete

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry guys, been in a meeting all day while you are discussing my issue.

Nice call Enock and certainly could be my issue. I am still going to get the balancing checked and I will get the guys to take care when the pull the wheel nuts up.

Dave from GT101 has already located some rings that will fit and I have someone that can most likely make some.

Hopefully this will sort the vibration. The noise alone I can live with as it is only on concrete

If the bore is to big, just loosen all the wheel nuts and tighten them up on a diagonal pattern and all will be good.

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just one thought worth checking the pressures too. Stick with standard pressures that will reduce noise as well

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Success!!
Took car back to the tyre place. They checked the balance of all wheels and refitted them. Took her out this morning and there was no wobble at all.

Once again, thanks for all the comments/ideas.

Wont know about the noise but I am take it up to the concrete section of the M25 in the new year and just try some pressure settings ect. May get the 4 wheel alignment checked just in case it is out a bit.

I do have to drive up a small kerb every day to get on to my drive way (dropped kerb applied for) so it possible over the 6 months or so I have been here it has been put out....I do drive up it extremely gently but the car is on almost full lock so it cant do it much good!

Sponsored
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
What did they say about their inability to do the job properly in the first place?
I didn't ask and they didn't over a comment and until I had road tested it, who was to know if it fixed it? To be honest, I was just relieved it got fixed. I tend not t get too hung up on the blame and have a go game. To old for all that shite

Cati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Steve

Well done I think people forget the relationship is two way and sometimes shit happens !

Glad to hear it is better and yeah going up a curb is going to screw the geometry and the wheels. Stick some wood down to act as ramp