Sponsored

My cars creaking like an old victorian bed !

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
A few months back i fitted loads of suspension bits to make my gt handle better and for the last month or so the "creaking" has got beyond a joke ! After some advice i bought a grease gun and greased anything i could see with a nipple on it :lol: That seemed to cure the racket for a couple of weeks then it came back with a vengeance. Traced the problem to the BMR droplinks and then sent Kelly from BMR an email explaining my predicament, he explained they had an upgraded bushing set up for my droplinks and sent them free of charge immediately :thumbsup: Car got them fitted today and they are better but the creaking is still evident (defo the droplinks) !!! I cant believe im gonna have to stick the original ones on to get some peace and quiet and i might add the fancy ones were not cheap either. :mad:

ANYONE ELSE have noise problems with their BMR DROPLINKS and is there any alternatives available to buy which are recommended? cheers
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Maybe you mean vertical links?

Anyway for me it was vertical links, I went BMR Delrin/Spherical and a month or so later it sounded like a boat.

Kelly mailed me out spherical bearings to replace delrin to make them spherical/spherical vertical links, once this was done the car was silent and never creaked again.

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
Maybe you mean vertical links?

Anyway for me it was vertical links, I went BMR Delrin/Spherical and a month or so later it sounded like a boat.

Kelly mailed me out spherical bearings to replace delrin to make them spherical/spherical vertical links, once this was done the car was silent and never creaked again.
It was your post a while back gibbo that got me to email him . He asked for photos of my VERTICAL LINKS (doh) and then he sent replacements . No use, so ill be emailing him again for full sphericals as delrin is shite , originals are going back on tomorrow as im driving up to Aberdeen to put the car on a dyno , and no way am i putting up with that noise for 6 hours all in .

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I have not once seen any noise issues with the Delrin upper, bearing lower configuration.

I am surprised to read that.

Can you post pictures of them as they are installed on the vehicle?

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
mine creaks quite alot after fitting the cb005 but i'm pretty sure its not a creak but actually the delrin steeda bush inserts rubbing against the rubber and squeeking i really need to pop them out and smother them in silicone grease just not had chance.

Sponsored

naughts4187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Guard
only creak I have is my bloody drivers seat. It's like a creaky door, and both ford garages 'can't hear it' ........

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
I have not once seen any noise issues with the Delrin upper, bearing lower configuration.

I am surprised to read that.

Can you post pictures of them as they are installed on the vehicle?
Hello kelly, im taking my car to local performance garage tomorrow to get the original vertical links put back on so when car is on the ramp ill take a few pictures and stick them up on here:thumbsup:

Maybe i have just got a bum set but i kid you not the noise is embarassingly loud :eek:

Adester

Adester
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT V8 Auto
Mine's just developed a really annoying 'jiggedy-jiggedy' noise coming from the rear of the car. It's developed since it was in Haynes having the buzzing/interference noise from the sound system diagnosed last week.

I put a call into them today & reported the sound, because I've got her booked into GT101 next week for Eibach ProKit springs, camber bolts, BMR CB005, wheel spacers & wheel alignment & if the noise is suspension related, I didn't want them to suggest it's the new parts that have been fitted that are causing the issue. I suspect it's coming from the rear seat area as I suppose it was all taken out for their investigation & hasn't been put back right.

The gear knob's also loose & there's now a much louder crackling noise coming from the speakers when I drove to work this morning. If it's the same on the way home I'll phone them as it's pretty much un-driveable with that racket going on.

Hey-ho :headbonk:

OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
What a difference , stock ford vertical links put back on and its as quiet as a wee deid moose !

So..

Last edited:
OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
Pics of the offending vertical links with the replacement bushings in situ on my vehicle Kelly . Stock items were put back on today and my car once again sounds like a new car !!!!

I must say ive had swaybars , springs, swaybar droplinks, vertical links, alignment bushes , cboo5, and your items initially and even with the upgraded bushes are the only ones to cause any serious nvh !!!

Where do we go from here, as i have no intentions of putting them back on my car in the current guise?

cheers steve
23469418_10211862619335661_1408759776_o.jpg
23482956_10211862620615693_1300988843_o (1).jpg
23482888_10211862620695695_1973393203_o.jpg

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
OP
OP
nixopaxo

nixopaxo

#Team Roush
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVIE
Vehicle(s)
17gt
Where did you find grease nipples on your car? :eyebulge:
Swaybars, droplinks.... front and back, also greased all the other bushings without nipples too , to get to the bottom of my creaking !
Sponsored