Sponsored

My audio install thread. Shaker complete overhaul.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I got started. Lol

Replaced both OEM battery terminals to Rockford Fosgate's and I was able to run three power/ground upgrade wires all 4ga.

Alternator to battery
Alternator case to body
Battery ground to body

I am waiting on my Makita 18V stapler to come in to get started on the enclosures. Maybe I will do the amp rack next.

Pics to come tomorrow.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I got started. Lol

Replaced both OEM battery terminals to Rockford Fosgate's and I was able to run three power/ground upgrade wires all 4ga.

Alternator to battery
Alternator case to body
Battery ground to body

I am waiting on my Makita 18V stapler to come in to get started on the enclosures. Maybe I will do the amp rack next.

Pics to come tomorrow.
Awesome, looking forward to pics.

I could not for the life of me find the engine block to body ground so I never was able to upgrade it. I planned on doing the alternator case to body but never got around to it. Did you just put a ring terminal on the end of one of the alternator mounting bolts?

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Did you just put a ring terminal on the end of one of the alternator mounting bolts?
Kind of. The Procharger brackets are there though so I had to place it on the bracket that the Procharger uses.

I think the block ground is un-needed if you ground the case. Our wiring is actually pretty good.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Here are the pics.

Battery connections
20180106_151637.jpg

Making a cable. Everything was crimped with a crimper, heat shrinked, tech flex wrapped, and Tessa taped.
20180106_151800.jpg

20180106_154034.jpg

Alternator connection to battery.
20180107_154307.jpg

Ground from the closest point to the body. (ProCharger bracket for the alternator)
20180107_160223.jpg

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
Kind of. The Procharger brackets are there though so I had to place it on the bracket that the Procharger uses.

I think the block ground is un-needed if you ground the case. Our wiring is actually pretty good.
Yeah it must be pretty good. I did the alt to battery positive cable but didn't do anything with the ground yet. Even on 8kW RMS voltage doesnt drop below 14.3V (13.5 idling). Now that I saw how you did it though I'm going to have to do the same. Possibly buy myself an extra couple tenths of a volt.

Here are the pics.

Battery connections

Making a cable. Everything was crimped with a crimper, heat shrinked, tech flex wrapped, and Tessa taped.

Ground from the closest point to the body. (ProCharger bracket for the alternator)
Looks great, nice and professional. Very similar to mine, I have to post a thread one of these days.

Since you cant put the little cap back on the alt + stud, did you put any dielectric grease or anything on it to stop any corrosion?

Sponsored

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Since you cant put the little cap back on the alt + stud, did you put any dielectric grease or anything on it to stop any corrosion?
I have to go get some grease today as it is on my list. I am going to modify that cap to fit back on.

Amp rack will be next. It will be made mostly from steal square tubing and will go under the rear deck.

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
Here are the pics.

Battery connections

What tool are you using for crimping those connectors? I'm working on a project and can't stand the cheapie crimp ring terminals from the local autozone store. These look much better.

Thanks,
Chris

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
What tool are you using for crimping those connectors? I'm working on a project and can't stand the cheapie crimp ring terminals from the local autozone store. These look much better.

Thanks,
Chris
4 ga is the smallest it will go but it is what I used.

https://www.amazon.com/TMS-Hydrauli...&qid=1515439431&sr=1-22&keywords=wire+Crimper

Anything smaller than 4ga should be soldered.
I use the same exact one. No better way to crimp IMO :thumbsup:

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
For the battery terminals, what did you do to get the wiring on? Cut the ends off and strip the wire? Been thinking about adding some of these to mine for a better connection, but if I don't ask, I'll make a stupid mistake somewhere.

OP
OP
z06psi

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
I literally cut the connector off the wire. Do not cut the wire in any way though. It is short and will not reach then.
Sponsored