NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
First, if you don't know how to drive in snow (have lived where it snows a lot), forget about it. And if you think the electronic nannies work, then you don't know how to drive in snow.

Second, tires are the most important thing.

Third, I can't imagine deliberately going where you need chains on your tires in a Mustang. Buy a WRX if that's what you want to do, but a Mustang isn't a WRC car.

Fourth, these cars have an almost 50/50 weight distribution. Weight in the trunk isn't necessary, and will hurt you in the corners.
Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
No problems in the snow in my GT with winter tires, even going up hills. It really is all about the tires. I've said it a million times - my mustang with snow tires does better than all my Subarus did with all seasons - stopping, starting, and turning.

OP
OP

Jim Bronson

Red One
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Coupe Six Speed
First, if you don't know how to drive in snow (have lived where it snows a lot), forget about it. And if you think the electronic nannies work, then you don't know how to drive in snow.

Second, tires are the most important thing.

Third, I can't imagine deliberately going where you need chains on your tires in a Mustang. Buy a WRX if that's what you want to do, but a Mustang isn't a WRC car.

Fourth, these cars have an almost 50/50 weight distribution. Weight in the trunk isn't necessary, and will hurt you in the corners.
I think living in northern Pennsylvania for 20+ years qualifies as experience in driving in snow, as do my annual winter trips to Sequoia National Park and Yosemite.

Since most of my driving is in SoCal, I plan to run summer tires once the new ones are shot. For the next trip, I'll just rent a snow-capable SUV.
Sponsored