GrabberS550

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
17' Ford Mustang GT Convertible Grabber Blue
That will be the best 6 hour return drive home ever!! I bought mine from Newcastle so will enjoy a 2 hour trip home. Same timeline - be at dealer tomorrow but he's going to try for Friday delivery so he can get his pre delivery guys to add some of my mods :) I'm not holding my breath though, Monday will be fine wth me too!
Yeah I've run the numbers and mine will be the 5th Grabber Blue GT Convertible in the country, so limited but not the only. It has been my favourite colour since 2010 when I saw it in the U.S. and changed my Race Red to Grabber as soon as the order books opened :)
Can't believe it's so close!!
Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
What mods have you planned?

My current list in the next month

New wheels but sr.ticking with 19,'s
Lower springs 1 inch rear 1.25 inch front
Borla s type axle back exhaust with black tips
Black mustang replacing chrome one on grill
Hood strut maybe

OP
OP
GrabberS550

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
The dealer is installing -

Roush Axle Back Exhaust - UPR Remote Catch Can - Black Pony & 5.0 Emblems - U.S Front Lower Grille - U.S. Decklid with Black GT Badge - Lakin US Style Number Plate Holder - Blingworks LED Exterior & Interior Lighting

Then I'm going to get over the next few weeks -

Loudz Creations DRL Tri-bar Modification - Black Stripes - Black Side Mirror Caps Black Tinted Tail lights & Side Reflector

Wheels are tba but leaning towards a 20 inch Velgen VMB9 style in black or gunmetal - need to see in person first. Also need to see some lowered convertibles before deciding what I'll do there but at least an inch will be on the cards - I have a driveway that tests the departure angle on my SUV at any speed so need to stay practical to some extent, which is so hard with a mustang hahaha :)

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be interested to hear the rouch axle back as that was my original preference but I got worried it may be too loud. I am in the inner north shore, any chance you are in the area or around the CBD and I can get a listen when you have it installed?

OP
OP
GrabberS550

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely not too loud. Perfect cruising and probably the best sounding axle back system when you get on it. Nice and deep without much rasp - will be looking for excuses to cruise now so demo no probs!

Sponsored

Sturty91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
Ha, not quite passed helping out. No updates for Parsifal - will send as soon as I get them, but I am going to the Grand Prix this weekend so might not be as efficient :cheers:
Remember, you're not allowed to stop helping til my pony arrives :lol:

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT FB - ordered April 12, 2016
OP
OP
GrabberS550

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
My car is enroute to the dealer now - left about 5am so should be too far away from Newcastle now. Hey [MENTION=24455]Tango[/MENTION] - it has a magnetic fastback going to Taree on the same truck! I'm guessing your dealer should see it before Midday :headbang::clap2:

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Dealer reckons he might be able to swag a saturday delivery we shall see, gets off the truck shortly.

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My car is enroute to the dealer now - left about 5am so should be too far away from Newcastle now. Hey [MENTION=24455]Tango[/MENTION] - it has a magnetic fastback going to Taree on the same truck! I'm guessing your dealer should see it before Midday :headbang::clap2:
Got a text at 7:20am from the collective mustang network stating 3 car carriers full of mustangs were heading North.

A Grabber blue vert and a Fastback and of course Magnetic were on the vehicles.

As CEVA was showing my departure for the Port Mac destination being today and arriving today, I got excited, but when I refreshed CEVA after getting to work it showed that my car was no longer on the way to Port Mac but to the Port Kembla Vehicle Centre.

So f me if I know what is going on but I don't think my car has left Wollongong.

Doesn't matter as I can only pick up April 1 and that should be easy to hit.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GrabberS550

GrabberS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mine arrived at 11am this morning. No damage or issues, although I'll reserve my final judgement on that until tomorrow when I take delivery :)

My dealer knows I'm coming from Sydney with my exhaust and other bits and pieces so can only do Monday to Friday delivery for his PD team to fit parts so they've been getting it ready today and tomorrow morning so I'll be driving it back from Newcastle tomorrow arvo :headbang:

364 days after ordering, I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight :D
IMG_0651.jpg

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks fabulous! Looks like a decent afternoon for the drive home.

Tango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brilliant mate! Congrats

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Mine arrived at 11am this morning. No damage or issues, although I'll reserve my final judgement on that until tomorrow when I take delivery :)
Looks awesome Chris!

Congrats and drive it in good health.

Did you ask them to save the window sticker? Yours looks to be in better condition than many I have seen.
Sponsored