Sponsored

Mustang v6 potential buy?

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I appreciate all the advice so far. Would 15k be a reasonable offer?
I would say definitely a better offer. Shaving off 2k is still a lot.
Sponsored

chaospiece

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 Guard
I appreciate all the advice so far. Would 15k be a reasonable offer?
This is what I was about to suggest.

I got mine brand new for $23,400.
Honestly theyre not worth very much second hand and they're super common even though they're discontinued.

Locally there's a red one that's been sitting for a year and half priced at 18900, very similar milage and also a rental. They're just not worth it, but 15k is a really comfortable price.

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
If you like orange I say go for it!

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
$15-15,500 seems like a good offer. If you intend to keep it a long time, make sure you get an extended warranty from FORD, not an aftermarket warranty. You want to be able to take it to any Ford dealership. I think you can go out to 7years/120k miles if I'm not mistaken..

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
Yea to me it seems high because I got my V6 brand new with only like 15 miles for $21k. I also remember seeing a post earlier this year or sometimes late last year that was talking about new v6s and ebs being sold for 19k. It was legit.
And yea, don't ever walk into a dealer letting them know how much you are actually willing to pay imo.
Yea I paid a little over 21K also so 17 is to high for 21K miles and being from a rental fleet. 14K-15ish does seem more in line with what you should pay.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jp23rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto
I currently daily drive a 2008 Buick Lucerne CXL with 84k miles, should I trade it in? If so, how much could I reasonably get for it at the dealer?

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP

RayJHT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6
I currently daily drive a 2008 Buick Lucerne CXL with 84k miles, should I trade it in? If so, how much could I reasonably get for it at the dealer?
If that is a paid off car I would keep it and use the rebate from Ford as part of my down payment. Always good to have two cars no matter what. Also that car is smooth so it will complement the Mustang when you don't feel like driving spirited. If it is not paid off then it is best to go to Carmax and get an offer. Don't tell the dealer when you are negotiating but if they don't quote you well on the trade you can use the Carmax offer as a haggling point. Oh and it is my practice to never negotiate in person. Email multiple dealers and if you are stuck deciding between two cars let them see what the other guy is offering. Point being let them fight over you. that way you just walk in having that hurtle covered.

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I wouldn't touch a rental car with a 10 foot pole...

That thing has been used and abused

Why not just look for a cheap EB. It'll have much more aftermarket and ford support, being that it's a running model

Sponsored
OP
OP

Jp23rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto
If that is a paid off car I would keep it and use the rebate from Ford as part of my down payment. Always good to have two cars no matter what. Also that car is smooth so it will complement the Mustang when you don't feel like driving spirited. If it is not paid off then it is best to go to Carmax and get an offer. Don't tell the dealer when you are negotiating but if they don't quote you well on the trade you can use the Carmax offer as a haggling point. Oh and it is my practice to never negotiate in person. Email multiple dealers and if you are stuck deciding between two cars let them see what the other guy is offering. Point being let them fight over you. that way you just walk in having that hurtle covered.
The car is paid off and in excellent condition. I will make an offer today on the Mustang via email.

OP
OP

Jp23rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto
So I just heard back from the dealer and they said unfortunately they own it close for what they are selling it for. I asked $14,750 for the vehicle. Should I respond back to email or is it just a waste of time?

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
BS - they don't want to sell it badly enough / they paid too much for it / or it was in rough shape and they had to put money into it for resale.

Offer $15,500 or perhaps better yet...find another car.

OP
OP

Jp23rockstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto
BS - they don't want to sell it badly enough / they paid too much for it / or it was in rough shape and they had to put money into it for resale.

Offer $15,500 or perhaps better yet...find another car.
I said that it's too bad that we couldn't come to an agreement but appreciated the quick response. I'm moving on unless they respond back with a counter offer of $15,500 or less but not a dollar more. It seems that they just don't want to sell badly enough.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I said that it's too bad that we couldn't come to an agreement but appreciated the quick response. I'm moving on unless they respond back with a counter offer of $15,500 or less but not a dollar more. It seems that they just don't want to sell badly enough.
I'd email back and say that if the offer can't be accepted, what's your counter? Let them respond Andy you'll know where to go. I'm in the car business, and the old idea that used cars are somehow ultra profitable doesn't hold true as much. I think you should see where they will come to. If it's $15,500 and you're cool with that then accept it. Perhaps have them throw in a Ford extended warranty with $0 deductible.
Sponsored