Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Very much THIS ^^

We can only hope that Ford UK have been reading these forums (and we know they have) and that its had a direct impact on the face lifted car........at least in terms of the lighting front n rear ;)

Given the rocky UK launch, I wouldn't bet on anything, but let's keep 'em crossed that the UK car is as close to the US one as possible in terms of looks and content. Apart from where the steering wheel is. And even that doesn't bother me :D
Maybe the '18 comes with improved customer service?

Jokes aside; the centre gauges would have been nice :headbonk:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Maoilearca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT Auto Coupe (Guard). FP PP2
Well, you'd expect any changes to the car to be improvements......so lets hope the same is true for the customer service ;)
Not necessarily, at least when it comes to styling tweaks: when it is simply a so-called refresh (rather than new model) car makers often spoil the first model (just because they HAVE to DO something). Classic examples are changes made to Porsche 928, Lotus Esprit, Lamborghini Countach, VW Golf - or more recently, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Megane, Twingo, etc.... Others may have their own examples.

Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
They'll give us the V6 EB instead of the V8 because according to Ford euro countries and Japan like turbos (the reason we got white lights was that apparently that's a 'euro look') and a number of countries have taxed the V8 out of existence.

Pedestrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
They'll give us the V6 EB instead of the V8 because according to Ford euro countries and Japan like turbos (the reason we got white lights was that apparently that's a 'euro look') and a number of countries have taxed the V8 out of existence.
Surely they'd just be shafting themselves over? If you cant do a proper mustang then don't do one at all imo!

Proper tri bar lights would be good, hopefully by then us chaps will have then retro fitted by someone!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Make no mistake, Ford will not be shafting themselves. The international market is small beer to them and they are almost doing us a favour by bringing Mustang over here in RHD.
As for the tri-bars, did we not settle on some kind of homologation issue for them being removed? Therefore they'll not be back from the factory. As it stands, good luck to anyone who looks at aftermarket solutions.
Just imo...

OP
OP

MikeyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT, Ingot Silver on order (May 2017)
I guess we will hav to see what happens in the next few months in terms of changes, and then it will be a wait to here whats removed/thankged for the EU models!

I shall keep my order going....for now :)

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
I doubt we'll see much of a change here; lights, especially front and back must have been a pain to re-engineer, so why update the update? Just leave it as it is if the fittings aren't changing. Front end too - having to faff with the hood and crash mechanisms.. nah. We might get some interior tat and the engine updates since that's pretty much the same anyway. Might.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Make no mistake, Ford will not be shafting themselves. The international market is small beer to them and they are almost doing us a favour by bringing Mustang over here in RHD.
As for the tri-bars, did we not settle on some kind of homologation issue for them being removed? Therefore they'll not be back from the factory. As it stands, good luck to anyone who looks at aftermarket solutions.
Just imo...
rear seqt's legalities
Front DRLs; some euro law on it's positioning of the light, not UK hense why imports don't need to 'turn off' the DRLs in the fins.

Think that V6 turbo won't come until the Sxxx comes (the gen 7 stang this is)

Andrewg

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic GT 401A
It seems there is a refresh coming, when do you think this is likely to hit the UK for orders? I wont get my car until may next year and I am contemplating cancelling to wait for the refresh...thoughts?
If you can hold out, the wait is worth it. :thumbsup:

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
I doubt we'll see much of a change here; lights, especially front and back must have been a pain to re-engineer, so why update the update? Just leave it as it is if the fittings aren't changing. Front end too - having to faff with the hood and crash mechanisms.. nah. We might get some interior tat and the engine updates since that's pretty much the same anyway. Might.
Agree with this.

Mid-life refresh is generally to give sales a kick up the arse at a time when they might be dying down. Seeing as the Mustang is still selling very well I can't see why Ford would want to massively tinker with a winning formula.

Easiest thing for them ot do would be to broaden the options list for UK buyers. More wheel choices, recaro seat option etc would be easy enough to do, althogh you wonder why they haven't done it already.....

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
rear seqt's legalities
Front DRLs; some euro law on it's positioning of the light, not UK hense why imports don't need to 'turn off' the DRLs in the fins.

Think that V6 turbo won't come until the Sxxx comes (the gen 7 stang this is)
Whether the DRLs would be legal in the UK or not they've thrown a blanket over the export market and removed them all so I can't see that they'd ever replace them in individual markets. As you yourself have said in the past these little changes all add up to big money - economies of scale, etc. I don't profess to understand but I do pay attention to what you guys say ;)
Sponsored