Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Because as EBM said this really isn't a "UV". I think he's right. This really is nothing more than a lifted car. A Bronco is a real SUV. Would not want to sully that iconic name either.
But arguably it's a better fit then mustang is it not???

https://electrek.co/2019/11/17/excl...ch-e-scrum-acknowledges-being-on-teslas-turf/

"Another voice from the scrum: “Did you consider doing all-electric two-door Mustang coupe?”

Bill Ford said, “Never say never.”"

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Trampling on the 'Mach' nomenclature is also a branding faux pas. They should just spell it "Mock(er)E".
I hope none of the other E vehicle design teams think copying Tesla is a viable strategy.
I actually think that is exactly what teams need to do TO START.... Do not release a product that directly copies but rather a product that was inspired by Tesla... The sync 4 system in the Mach E and even the placement and air vent design is a direct copy of Tesla which wasn't the right decision IMO. That 15 inch screen has no purpose being that high on the dash when it is not displaying any vital driving data like the Model 3s screen....

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone needs impeached in this day and age , it’s Bill Ford , from his own g damn company!! he just dropped a nuke on his own beloved Blue Oval. Fcking idiot
Sadly he is listening to the wrong people.

Sponsored

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Garbage.

SRF2019gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2014 Mustang GT Base
If anyone needs impeached in this day and age , it’s Bill Ford , from his own g damn company!! he just dropped a nuke on his own beloved Blue Oval. Fcking idiot
Yeah and it took a guy from an airline manufacturer to get them from the brink of bankruptcy the last time Bill Ford was at the helm. The shareholders will have his head if this thing tanks their stock prices again. Alan Mullally was the man in my book that brought them back from ole Billy and dammit ole Billy’s at it again.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
And made in Mexico too....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
After last night it was obvious that this was Bill Ford's idea. I'm sure there were many that disagreed but you do not argue with a Ford.

Bill Ford’s idea?!? LMFAO...

For crying out loud, if it was his idea, then he should have SOLD the damn thing and talked about it from his damn heart while promoting it - rather than reading (or should I say TRYING to read) from a damn teleprompter.... he couldn’t even look at the camera or audience without having to stare at the prompter to see which was the next incoming line.

Its a crock of shit that they associated that minivan as a “Mustang”. As everyone has been saying, it’s not the point that Ford designed and introduced a new EV - it’s the damn fact that they are calling it a “Mustang”, period. What is it that some folks don’t get about that??

Did any of you see the lazy half assed “lets high five into the air” at the end of the promotion of the ME - that was a joke in itself... like a totally planned teleprompter script... they couldn’t even get the enthusiasm up enough to do that right either. Watch it again.

If I’m going to buy any new Ford SUV, it would be the upcoming Bronco - and that’s only if Ford doesn’t flub that too.... it wont be a damn minivan with the Mustang labeling or iconic logos stuck to it. It’s NOT a Mustang and it’s NOT part of the Mustang Heritage. It is what it is - another egg shaped minivan people mover.

The ONLY reason they attached it to “Mustang” is to sell it, period. Had they called it XYZ, and put just the Blue oval on it - no one would care.

Betcha they didn’t expect the huge negative backlash - not only occurring on nearly every Mustang and Ford forum across the internet, but across the press as well. Even the press agrees that “Mustang” should not have been utilized and is diluting the iconic pony car.

And those fake ordering numbers - if you look at the reservation numbers people are posting - do you really think that over 7k people reserved that thing in less than 30mins of the promotion ending??? LOL c’mon now...

Like I said in another response, I sure hope that all those who are reserving it are reading ALL of the fine print and the little asterisk/exclamation points - because in order to meet the minimum “300 mile range”, the thing has to be equipped a certain way... and AWD is not a standard feature on all of the models.

The smart thing for Ford would have been to take the S550 SEMA Lithium direction - because IF they had introduced such a vehicle like THAT, it would have been an INSTANT success and would have bowled over ANYTHING that Tesla has to offer.

But we end up with an egg shaped minivan now taking the name of Mustang.

Oh - and for those thinking Ford stock was going to blast off today because of this ME, LMAO, yea - it’s reeeeeeallly moving up there... not.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I don't mind the looks of this thing at all, as electrics go it's pretty hot. But the Mustang name and pony shouldn't be a part of it.

Ludicrous pricing IMO, lots of other things I'd much rather have for that money, and the range means it's a no-go. They'll never sell me one.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
They were mentioning that this might be insulting to America. They said the Corvette, Jeep Wrangler and Mustang are the one vehicles that should not be built outside USA due to image and heritage.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah and it took a guy from an airline manufacturer to get them from the brink of bankruptcy the last time Bill Ford was at the helm. The shareholders will have his head if this thing tanks their stock prices again. Alan Mullally was the man in my book that brought them back from ole Billy and dammit ole Billy’s at it again.
Agreed, Alan Mullally saved them.

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
The majority of the demographic on this forum are men over the age of forty, so I can get why most of you dont like this car. You guys grew up around fox bodies and even earlier model mustangs, so seeing this is blasphemous. However, there is nothing we can do. This is the future of Ford and most car companies. The way this vehicle even looks is what would pop up on my head if i thought of a "very futuristic" looking vehicle. Im not a fan of this thing what so ever, but theres nothing we can do. This is the evolution of Ford and cars in general. All I know is im glad I was alive to enjoy cars before things started taking a drastic turn.
Sponsored