Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
OK, well I'm out. Actually, my wife is out. Hates black interiors. So it looks like another Escape in 2021. Or maybe a Mazda.

The black only interior is not going to work for many of the customers this vehicle is aimed at. That needs to change.
The Premium has white option...

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
And this site (Mustang6G) needs to stop posting everything about the Mach E. This is a Mustang enthusiast site, it's not a crossover/SUV site. When it posts information about the Mach E, it somewhat legitimizes the crossover.

SLED550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 3
Welcome Sled. EcoVert is right, this is a done deal. Why do you think Ford kept this under covers for so long. They remember the Probe backlash and the Mach 1 uproar. But this is what Bill Ford wanted and this is what Bill Ford got. And now its our legacy too. For better or worse.

So forget all this, "Our" Mustang is an incredible car. I love my Cali as much today as yesterday. Please do not back out. Buy one and you will see.[/QUOTE]

--
I appreciate your soothing words. My future Mustang purchase plan has not been changed. Nevertheless, I will be spreading my Mach E discontent on fakebook. And maybe a letter from me directly to Bill Ford, for the hell of it. Maybe he likes getting mail.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Taking that name and putting it on this thing upsets me. It reminds me of the introduction of the 1958 Ford Thunderbird.
The 55 56 57 year Thunderbirds were icons of thier day, and the move to the heavy as a tank four door in 1958 killed the Thunderbird as a sports car. Chevrolet must have been delighted. Thier Corvette then had the whole stage as the only american real sports car!
If Ford decides to axe the coupe in a few years that will be a big boon to Camaro and Charger sales if they can hold on till then.

Sponsored

SLED550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 3
Just think.
You tell people you bought a new Mustang.
They ask SUV or a 2 door?
You say to people: "There is no Mustang SUV. That's a Ford marketing mistake. Pass it on. You're awesome."

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
I am not whining. I am just really mad.
It should NOT be called a Mustang.
Of course your 2018 Mustang GT is great.
I agree with you! It should NOT be called a MUSTANG!
And I am a true enthusiast bc I will fight you if you had said my Mustang wasn't badass!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I've been around since the Mustang came out. I was one of those that wrote in to protest making the Mustang out of what became the Probe. This is a not a Mustang replacement, at least not yet but it is a new family member and while my Mustang enjoys winter parked in the garage I now have the possibility of buying something I can use year round.

Now if they transition the Mustang into being replaced by something like this for example like the Dodge Charger I'll have issues, until that happens I have no issues with this SUV except in price.

SLED550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 3
I agree with you! It should NOT be called a MUSTANG!
And I am a true enthusiast bc I will fight you if you had said my Mustang wasn't badass!
Also very strongly agree, along with many other here. Below is my comment sent with my petition submission (if it makes any difference). Petition: https://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-ca/takeaction/769/568/451/. Also considering a letter directly to Bill Ford, for the hell of it.

--
It is an unbelievable TRAVESTY that one of the most iconic SPORTS/GT car names of 50+ years - Mustang - will be applied to an SUV new model. This is absolute marketing desperation and stupidity! Is there even a marketing department at Ford, or are the Board and Executives now all senile? Comparatively, Ford now loses credibility as GM and Chrysler gain while laughing at this monumental blunder. Never mind the slap to all who respected the Mustang for what is was - owners and afficiandos alike. Ford, you are not furthering a brand - you are diluting a brand. Learn the difference, or your market will teach you. Remove "Mustang" from the name of the Mach E. Do it now, Ford.
--

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Are you kidding me? It most certainly changes the Mustang we currently have. No one wants a sexy stallion Mustang associated with this bastard child of an SUV. Not only is this brand dilution, but this will cause hatred and bitterness as well. There's a very high chance that something like the icing stuff at Tesla charging stations will happen with this suv as well. I refuse to call it by what everyone calls it as. I'm referring to it as a Ford suv, nothing more.

When they were showing the Mustang heritage before introducing this suv, all I saw was high performance cars... cars... cars... cars...

This monstrosity reminds me of what Mercedes and BMW did. They made a lifted car. The BMW X6 below is NOT an suv, it's clearly a lifted car. Same with this new Ford vehicle. Both are ugly as sin.

9.jpg
Im talking physically. It does not physically change what you are currently driving. Nobody stopped by your driveway and changed your car overnight. Yes it sucks for the Mustang brand. What ford was thinking putting a pony badge on this EV is beyond me, but It does not physically change your mustang. That is essentially my only point on the matter.

Also speak for yourself. Im not gonna stop buying Mustangs just bc they made this epic mistake. I'm not happy they did it but I still love Mustangs.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's name recognition which translates into sales.
Not always.

Recall what happened with Coca-Cola back in the 1980's where a name of comparable recognition was "borrowed".

Looking at this as being a good move by Ford refuses to acknowledge the risk that is involved. It concerns me that Ford is using the Mustang name as a percentage play, suggesting that they need this CUV to succeed no matter what they trample all over in the process.

Norm

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I agree. I am the proud owner of a 2019 GT. At 70 i figure this might be my last fast n fun ride since i am 70 yo. I drove my 06 gt for 13 years. That would make me 83 for the next purchase. Maybe a Raptor pickup then??
How about a Raptor-E? :)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This monstrosity reminds me of what Mercedes and BMW did. They made a lifted car. The BMW X6 below is NOT an suv, it's clearly a lifted car. Same with this new Ford vehicle. Both are ugly as sin.
You know you may have something there. Maybe we can just say this is the new 4 door Mustang. I just went up on the builder and showed it to my wife. She liked it. We'll see.
Sponsored