Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The executives and marketing department involved in this should be fired.
After last night it was obvious that this was Bill Ford's idea. I'm sure there were many that disagreed but you do not argue with a Ford.

I'm not a fan of it, but I wish it success.
Agreed, since nothing is going to change. I just hope that if it does it only means good things for "our" Mustang.

I want to know how in the world did this retarded ass idea get past everyone?
Because his name is Ford, Bill Ford,

I do NOT wish Ford ANY success with it.
This feeling is totally understandable. Let's see what Ford does with "our" Mustang in 2021. I'm hoping it succeeds and that it will means good things for us.

You guys need to chill the fuck out.
Patrick, really? No we don't. And you really do not need to call us out in that manner. Sometimes it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself.
Sponsored

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
I agree. I am the proud owner of a 2019 GT. At 70 i figure this might be my last fast n fun ride since i am 70 yo. I drove my 06 gt for 13 years. That would make me 83 for the next purchase. Maybe a Raptor pickup then??

Deleted member 35644

It's activism like this that kept the Mustang from becoming a sporty FWD liftback in the late 80s. However, this activism is coming a bit late. Ford's not going to change this now....it's been launched. The time to bitch Ford into submission was when this first became an idea.

I hate the idea of the running horse being fastened to this horrendous mess, but all we can really do now is vote with our checkbooks. The notion of buying into a legendary nameplate just became a little less appealing. At least GM had the good sense to leave the Camaro's name out of the Blazer launch, regardless of their design similarities.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Your not a enthusiast then.
We have no problem with the car/suv itself.
It’s just can’t be called a Mustang!
So whining about things on the internet makes you a 'True Enthusiast'? then you can keep that sentiment. I don't think it should be called a mustang, share the same body line, or anything. It sure as shit shouldn't have a pony on the rear decklid. But apparently were way past that. I for one am not gonna let it take away from how badass my GT is i'll tell you that right now.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
New member here, lurked for a year, with planned S550 GT purchase for next spring. Great site, forums and members here for sure.

As for all the pacifists who seem unperturbed by Ford's mistake to use MUSTANG in the Mach E's model name - I say, what the **** is wrong with you? Stand up for what's wrong, and sign the petition at the very least.

Below is my comment that I forwarded on the petition. I'm even considered getting back on that useless social platform fakebook to post my discontent about Ford's marketing error that must be rectified.

--
It is an unbelievable TRAVESTY that one of the most iconic SPORTS/GT car names of 50+ years - Mustang - will be applied to an SUV new model. This is absolute marketing desperation and stupidity! Is there even a marketing department at Ford, or are the Board and Executives now all senile? Comparatively, Ford now loses credibility as GM and Chrysler gain while laughing at this monumental blunder. Never mind the slap to all who respected the Mustang for what is was - owners and aficiondos alike. Ford, you are not furthering a brand - you are diluting a brand. Learn the difference, or your market will teach you. Remove "Mustang" from the name of the Mach E. Do it now, Ford.
--
Welcome Sled. EcoVert is right, this is a done deal. Why do you think Ford kept this under covers for so long. They remember the Probe backlash and the Mach 1 uproar. But this is what Bill Ford wanted and this is what Bill Ford got. And now its our legacy too. For better or worse.

So forget all this, "Our" Mustang is an incredible car. I love my Cali as much today as yesterday. Please do not back out. Buy one and you will see.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
So whining about things on the internet makes you a 'True Enthusiast'? then you can keep that sentiment. I don't think it should be called a mustang, share the same body line, or anything. It sure as shit shouldn't have a pony on the rear decklid. But apparently were way past that. I for one am not gonna let it take away from how badass my GT is i'll tell you that right now.
I am not whining. I am just really mad.
It should NOT be called a Mustang.
Of course your 2018 Mustang GT is great.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Some of you need to put down the pitchforks and have a beer. Get off the cross we need the wood. sort yourself out.
Go for a joyride. The Mach-E isnt changing what you've got in your driveway right now so simmer down a bit. Hell I thought the Mach-E was a monstrosity last night when I was reading everything, but then I drove to work this morning and put my foot in it and forgot all about it.
Are you kidding me? It most certainly changes the Mustang we currently have. No one wants a sexy stallion Mustang associated with this bastard child of an SUV. Not only is this brand dilution, but this will cause hatred and bitterness as well. There's a very high chance that something like the icing stuff at Tesla charging stations will happen with this suv as well. I refuse to call it by what everyone calls it as. I'm referring to it as a Ford suv, nothing more.

When they were showing the Mustang heritage before introducing this suv, all I saw was high performance cars... cars... cars... cars...

This monstrosity reminds me of what Mercedes and BMW did. They made a lifted car. The BMW X6 below is NOT an suv, it's clearly a lifted car. Same with this new Ford vehicle. Both are ugly as sin.

9.jpg

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
So now if I tell someone I have a "Mustang", do I have to clarify that it is a 2 door? This is stupid! Wait till they come out with the Shelby version. Gonna be pissed off even more than.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
After last night it was obvious that this was Bill Ford's idea. I'm sure there were many that disagreed but you do not argue with a Ford.

Agreed, since nothing is going to change. I just hope that if it does it only means good things for "our" Mustang.

Because his name is Ford, Bill Ford,

This feeling is totally understandable. Let's see what Ford does with "our" Mustang in 2021. I'm hoping it succeeds and that it will means good things for us.

Patrick, really? No we don't. And you really do not need to call us out in that manner. Sometimes it's best to keep your thoughts to yourself.
Just think.
You tell people you bought a new Mustang.
They ask SUV or a 2 door?

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
OK, well I'm out. Actually, my wife is out. Hates black interiors. So it looks like another Escape in 2021. Or maybe a Mazda.
Good!!!!!
Take that trash and burn it!!!!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And this is the basis of my worry.... The S650 sounded pretty solid and on track for a early 2020s release until this new CEO.... Now it sounds like the mustang will stay on the S550 platform for the foreseeable future and then they will "decide" a path forward at a later date.... Does not give me much confidence in the future.
I hear you.....although....

Don't forget, just a week or so ago we heard that there would be an "all new Mustang" built at Flat Rock. This was part of the UAW contract negotiations, and that contract is for 4 years, so that "all new Mustang" needs to arrive in that time frame. Now, of course, "all new" could just be a very heavily modified S550 but to me it should give us confidence there's something new coming in the next few years.
Sponsored