Sponsored

Mustang GT vs ... (Post whatever you've raced and how it went)

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
New Mercedes AMG GT Coupe ...not the R or S...pulled out of an on-ramp to a fairly deserted highway with this guy right behind me, he was pushing me to go.

Track Mode, and hit it, gapped him by a car length and we held that for a while.(in fairness he probably wasn’t ready for it)..until I thought we were going to way to fast, but he could not close the gap to that point....he looked surprised....then he sped away at 120 + while I rolled back to a normal safe speed.

So far in over a year I have not hit it hard in track mode so it even surprised me...from about 50MPH....that was fun

First time Ive did this with the Mustang...but mainly because every other car that wants to race me is a mini van or some POS like a Honda Fit....no shit...
Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
I love messing with sh*tboxes almost as I like to race. When they want to race I down shift a couple times, then jump in for a second and watch them go.

I swear it never gets old.
I just love any reason to mash on it and having another vehicle mash with you just makes it a party

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
New Mercedes AMG GT Coupe ...not the R or S...pulled out of an on-ramp to a fairly deserted highway with this guy right behind me, he was pushing me to go.

Track Mode, and hit it, gapped him by a car length and we held that for a while.(in fairness he probably wasn’t ready for it)..until I thought we were going to way to fast, but he could not close the gap to that point....he looked surprised....then he sped away at 120 + while I rolled back to a normal safe speed.

So far in over a year I have not hit it hard in track mode so it even surprised me...from about 50MPH....that was fun

First time Ive did this with the Mustang...but mainly because every other car that wants to race me is a mini van or some POS like a Honda Fit....no shit...
Was he right behind you or in a different lane? I know I've been behind cars that have gotten on it, and I have to seriously short shift in order to keep from slamming into them while they likely think I am just keeping up while giving it all she's got. That said, I don't know the capabilities of the base AMG GT but it's probably a little quicker than an A10 GT PP1.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Sounds like your outcome was way better than my experience from a red light against the GTR version of that car. He hammered me off the line. If he had any wheel spin it wasn't apparent, that car launches very well obvously. I could have maybe caught him once I got traction but the area we were at didn't lend itself to those speeds....

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your outcome was way better than my experience from a red light against the GTR version of that car. He hammered me off the line. If he had any wheel spin it wasn't apparent, that car launches very well obvously. I could have maybe caught him once I got traction but the area we were at didn't lend itself to those speeds....
one version is a high 11 sec car and the other is a 11 sec car that would probably run a 11 sec on the street. Btw, with the same kit I would't race a Grand Caravan from a stop light. The AMG gt -r has a rear mounted dct, lighter, can run 0-60 in 3.5 seconds on the street with as you say zero wheelspin.

Sponsored

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
one version is a high 11 sec car and the other is a 11 sec car that would probably run a 11 sec on the street. Btw, with the same kit I would't race a Grand Caravan from a stop light. The AMG gt -r has a rear mounted dct, lighter, can run 0-60 in 3.5 seconds on the street with as you say zero wheelspin.
Yeh it wasn’t a “R” for sure, base AMG GT if there is such a thing, Also we did this at about 50MPH. I also know it was a matter of time before my fun ended....but he did look a little surprised....

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I always have the radar detector on :) and fortunately haven't run into any patrol cars running laser.

Should have a radar detector. Anyone who doesn't and races is not thinking. Most cops that have the required pace training are state cops. Highway runs are by far the best unless you run into a unmarked highway patrol. In Michigan they're more forgiving. Dude was caught going 180mph with the empty quarantine roads and only got a ticket.

sy1462

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Btw, with the same kit I would't race a Grand Caravan from a stop light. .
That’s a little harsh .... but funny as hell and probably true !!! Launching not a strong point of this car for sure on the street even with all the BMR suspension pieces and better tires. I came from a 9 sec AWD Syclone build with DR’s on all 4 corners that was almost as quick on the street as the strip.... I love my car at this point in my life for many reasons but my god I wish I had my little black truck back that night!!!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I always have the radar detector on :) and fortunately haven't run into any patrol cars running laser.
That’s shocking. I get that on the highway but these little towns around me are over policed.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a little harsh .... but funny as hell and probably true !!! Launching not a strong point of this car for sure on the street even with all the BMR suspension pieces and better tires. I came from a 9 sec AWD Syclone build with DR’s on all 4 corners that was almost as quick on the street as the strip.... I love my car at this point in my life for many reasons but my god I wish I had my little black truck back that night!!!
Phase 1 I was racing awd’s from a dig but either my tires are gone (only have 3000 miles on them) or phase 2 power is a much bigger improvement than just horsepower numbers. I spun the tires a litle today from like 4th gear going 80. I can’t get traction. Thinking of trying the new nittos

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nitto 555R or 555RII FTW on the street. Don’t sacrifice as much handling characteristics that you do normally with a drag radial and you don’t have to white knuckle drive it in the rain.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto 555R or 555RII FTW on the street. Don’t sacrifice as much handling characteristics that you do normally with a drag radial and you don’t have to white knuckle drive it in the rain.
I might by wider rims. Problem with these roush rims is that they only support 285's. I'm trying to find a widr rim that looks close enough to Roush rims to throw on the back. Like to go 305's on a 10.5 or 11.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m going to grab a set soon of the 555RIi in the 275/35/20 for my Roush rims and see how they do. If they offered a 10 or 11 inch wheel just like the 9.5 inch Roush rim that would be a nice option for sure.

CompOrangeFanatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium /2019 Toyota Camry XSE V6
I'll share a Driver mod win for me...or loss...you decide. :)

Came across a new 2020 GTR about a month ago with T-tags and a mid 20's driver playing around in traffic. We went back and forth and we finally did a turn around and jumped on the other side of the roadway with nobody in front of us. I slowed him down to 50 so I could go from 2nd gear at about 6K rpms. He had his cellphone out trying to tape us. I honked it off and immediately pulled over a car on him. Seriously, I almost let off the gas as I was shocked. I guess he was too busy trying to film us that he let me jump him pretty hard. I stayed in it, shifted to 3rd and kept in front of him all through 3rd gear, shifted into 4th at around 120+ and he finally came up to my door and I let off as it was getting pretty out of hand for being light out and coming up on stopped traffic. If he knew how to drive that car and actually shifted down and left on the 3rd honk he should've walked me the entire time. I talked to him briefly afterwards and he mentioned getting a late start.lol I complimented him on his car and we went our separate ways. This was also before I had my long tubes installed with new custom tune. Not sure my long tubes and custom tune would've kept me in front or not if we left at the same time, but you never know.
Sponsored