Sponsored

Mustang Ecoboost Check Engine Light

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3L Ecoboost Mustang with PP
speedprotege also had his come on around 200 miles but he said it's gone after they cleaned his spark plug.
Dealer reset the ECU so it will relearn. bottle of fuel system cleaner with PEA went into and refilled with 94. Hopefully this will clean what needs to be cleaner and CEL won't come back.
Sponsored

tittermary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer reset the ECU so it will relearn. bottle of fuel system cleaner with PEA went into and refilled with 94. Hopefully this will clean what needs to be cleaner and CEL won't come back.
Did they just disconnect the battery for a bit to reset the ecu?

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks I'm good, no issues with service from my dealer and I work in the industry and have a lot of access, just waiting for ford or others that are working on the problem to figure it out, not my primary car so I am not jammed up like these other guys.
Alright; glad they're taking good care of you. :D Just let me know if you need anything.

Jeff

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
This is a nightmare literally went to the gym..engine light on..just started it up to take it to dealer. Engine light off. Literally a nightmare.

Sponsored

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a nightmare literally went to the gym..engine light on..just started it up to take it to dealer. Engine light off. Literally a nightmare.
Atleast your light goes off. Mine stays on solid haha. The dealership cant give you shit though, pretty sure it is stored in the ECU if they scan it.

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
Well I took a picture of it just in case. Taking it in for door alignment too..

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
That'd actually be really annoying if the light went on and off only because it'd be much harder to troubleshoot. Mine stays on. Also, I'm not 100% sure because I haven't really been stepping on the car due to the break-in period but the car feels like it has a loss of power.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That'd actually be really annoying if the light went on and off only because it'd be much harder to troubleshoot. Mine stays on. Also, I'm not 100% sure because I haven't really been stepping on the car due to the break-in period but the car feels like it has a loss of power.
Time to do a 0-60 test.

Sponsored

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
I know on my BMW when there was a certain engine light it would downgrade the power by like 40% as to not damage the engine. Could this be what your experiencing?

dabsevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Black
It's possible. I could be imagining things. Anyway, I'm taking the car into the dealership tomorrow early morning. I really hope they don't mess with anything and they can get it done. They said it was the first ecoboost they are seeing so there's going to be some learning on their end. I'd prefer to just wait and have someone else be a guinea pig so they don't accidentally wreck my car like some of these cars posted on the forums but the longer I wait, the more miles I put on the car. Rather have it taken care of sooner than later.

I've taken ample pictures of everything though, I spent 4 hours claybarring and detailing the entire car inside and out so if there's something amiss when i pick up the car, I'll know.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's hope they just don't scan ur car and reset the ecu.

swiftspeed10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
Well the light was off when I took it in--but i showed them a picture I took when it was on. They looked at the car--end result being they reset the crankshaft and ecu. Showed them the door alignment issue, I just found, about 2mm wide on the passenger door, and they said they would take it in Monday to a body shop. That being said at first they said they wouldn't provide a rental/loaner while I was without my car, but it seems Ford called them up and I am now getting a rental monday.

Funny thing is the guy looked my straight in the eye and said Ford doesn't do loaners. I asked him how I was supposed to get to work, being that my 2 week old car (with 300 miles) is going to be in the shop for a few days for alignment issues.

Frustrating thing is I know the engine light is going to come back on, and when it does it will be the (3rd) attempt at fixing the same issue. I don't want to lemon the car, but I also don't want to drive to my dealership once a week for service.

Roidrage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you know exactly how I feel.

Well the light was off when I took it in--but i showed them a picture I took when it was on. They looked at the car--end result being they reset the crankshaft and ecu. Showed them the door alignment issue, I just found, about 2mm wide on the passenger door, and they said they would take it in Monday to a body shop. That being said at first they said they wouldn't provide a rental/loaner while I was without my car, but it seems Ford called them up and I am now getting a rental monday.

Funny thing is the guy looked my straight in the eye and said Ford doesn't do loaners. I asked him how I was supposed to get to work, being that my 2 week old car (with 300 miles) is going to be in the shop for a few days for alignment issues.

Frustrating thing is I know the engine light is going to come back on, and when it does it will be the (3rd) attempt at fixing the same issue. I don't want to lemon the car, but I also don't want to drive to my dealership once a week for service.
Sponsored