Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Any idea what Segmentation Date means? That's the only status my dealer shared with me - no VIN, no other thing, just that Segmentation Date is set to 11th July.
Segmentation is the last stage before the build begins

It passes segmentation when it is confirmed that all parts to build the car (including any options) are on site and available
Sponsored

Teyeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for GT2015
Segmentation is the last stage before the build begins

It passes segmentation when it is confirmed that all parts to build the car (including any options) are on site and available
Thanks! So can I safely assume that near the planned segmentation date I should get VIN and be able to monitor the progress myself?

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Thanks! So can I safely assume that near the planned segmentation date I should get VIN and be able to monitor the progress myself?
I don't think COTUS is working for anyone with 2017's yet. (Correct me if I'm wrong anyone who has gotten it to work). So you may never be able to monitor progress yourself.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I don't think COTUS is working for anyone with 2017's yet. (Correct me if I'm wrong anyone who has gotten it to work). So you may never be able to monitor progress yourself.
This seems to be correct from what I have been reading. But there are four cotus websites (I only have 3 of them), one of them could work. I can tell you that my vin after I got it only worked on two of the four after I got my vin, and when it got a build date, then it worked on the one that it initially wasnt. (Reminder I ordered a 2016 in February)

*** wwwqa.cotus.ford.com (This site gets overloaded 99% of the time and pops up with the internal login screen when the site crashes, just keep trying)
** wwwqa.cotusa.com
* www.cotus.ford.com

* = most likely to display info.

And once its built you can try this site:

www.etis.ford.com

not a window sticker, but displays everything if not more then the window sticker.

Last edited:

GTU4EAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Have you folks tried PM'ng FordService via this forum for updates? They were very helpful for me during the MY2016 build wait.

Sponsored

Teyeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for GT2015
I have a segmentation date set for 11th of July, but still VIN hasn't been assigned yet. Is this normal or should I expect delay?

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I have a segmentation date set for 11th of July, but still VIN hasn't been assigned yet. Is this normal or should I expect delay?
My VIN was available several weeks before my build date. From what I've seen it is normal to have the VIN long before the build date. But I don't know what it means if you don't. Best bet is to reach out to Deysha and the others that monitor that account.

Teyeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for GT2015
Can you track order for MY2017 in Cotus? It doesn't show my order at all, even though I have window sticker already.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
I haven't heard of anyone being able to for the 2017's.

JakePSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Performance Pack
Mine is already built and awaiting shipment and nothing on any tracking websites works. I've tried nearly every day. The only updates I've gotten were from FordService here and through my dealer.

Sponsored

Austind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium - PP Lightening Blue
Can you track order for MY2017 in Cotus? It doesn't show my order at all, even though I have window sticker already.
Probably best way to check in, is to go onto the Ford.com site and wait for the "Chat with a rep" box to appear. Give them your vin# and they'll give you a status report. The waiting is the hardest part.

Teyeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting for GT2015
Probably best way to check in, is to go onto the Ford.com site and wait for the "Chat with a rep" box to appear. Give them your vin# and they'll give you a status report. The waiting is the hardest part.
Thanks for the tip :) My dealer here doesn't provide me with much details - I had to go through Deysha to get some actual updates.

And yeah, waiting is worst - build date is set for this Friday, but I will have to wait at least 10 weeks from this point till my GT gets here :(

Kdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT CONVT
My vin# 1FATP8FF3H5230056 I have tried the diff sites talked about above with No luck.

Austind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium - PP Lightening Blue
My vin# 1FATP8FF3H5230056 I have tried the diff sites talked about above with No luck.
Go onto the ford.com site and wait for the chat box to appear. ask the typer on the other end to look up your vin#. They can do it in about 15 seconds. This was the best way I found to keep in touch.
Picked up my pony last night. Never a great experience with the dealer, but we finally closed the deal around 9 last night. Drove it to work this morning and can't wait for lunch!
Ordered May 25th, built July 25th and delivered August 9th. Incidentally, it was exactly what I ordered. (I was slightly worried about that) :thumbsup:

Kdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT CONVT
I found the build date. 30.11.0002 on a ford site. But can't decipher it.
I will try the chat line on thr ford site.
Sponsored