2017 F-150 5.0
!!!SPARE TIRE!!!
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Do they make a noticeable difference over the 3.15?
Unfortunately, I have not driven other '15 Mustangs. I test drove mine after looking at the rest of the stealership inventory, liked it and took it home. I suggest driving all types before you choose one.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
My must have options were:

Orange
300a
3.55's
Auto
Recaro

Simple and effective!

Yes the 3.55's make a big difference between the 3.15's. I find the 3.55's to be far more enjoyable than the 3.15's I had in my 13.

I'd recommend you drive 1 of each some people don't like the 3.55's (but they are crazy ...)

Although the 3.15's seem to be more welcomed by those who plan on boosting the auto.

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
get the shaker audio so you dont have to listen to the gf nag that you spend more time with your car than her.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I like my 3.55s
Do they make a noticeable difference over the 3.15?
Unfortunately, I have not driven other '15 Mustangs. I test drove mine after looking at the rest of the stealership inventory, liked it and took it home. I suggest driving all types before you choose one.
There seems to be some confusion here as he is asking about the 3.55's with an automatic transmission not a manual transmission.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Hmmm. Everyone's def of "must have" varies.

Mine corresponds to my About Me -- because I ordered my car specifically with all my "must haves". YMMV.

OP
OP

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
get the shaker audio so you dont have to listen to the gf nag that you spend more time with your car than her.
I wasn't planning on getting it because I'm planning on replacing them anyway with something aftermarket.

Hmmm. Everyone's def of "must have" varies.

Mine corresponds to my About Me -- because I ordered my car specifically with all my "must haves". YMMV.
I definitely understand that. I guess more what I meant was are there any options that might be hard to upgrade in the future if I wanted to? For example, I imagine it'd be impossible or at least very hard to get the memory feature in the aftermarket. That isn't important to me, but that's what I was going for. Like on the Camaro (I know this is a mustang forum, but its what I know) getting the RS package that gives you HIDs and better wheels and tires is a must have because adding the HIDs aftermarket is almost as much as the package on its own and requires some aftermarket harnesses.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I definitely understand that. I guess more what I meant was are there any options that might be hard to upgrade in the future if I wanted to? For example, I imagine it'd be impossible or at least very hard to get the memory feature in the aftermarket. That isn't important to me, but that's what I was going for.
Exactly.
If you like the options in the performance package, it is well worth every bit versus piecing together all of the components yourself.
If you want gears in the future, you can count on spending at least $1000 if you pay someone to do it versus paying $395 as an option.

Weigh what you want the most and good luck!

Sponsored

xfyre101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`15 CO PP GT
SYNC3 aka Premium and you're set. Probably should add nav despite it being expensive.
my cellphone is my NAV XD ...much better than anything the car will come with.

Swann

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 'Premium'. 'CO'
Changed over from a Camaro as well and the 401a package would be a must! I like the mustang a lot more than the Camaro! The ride is better, more power and the 5.0 sounds Awesome. I also like the different modes you can select for power and sound. One can also see more clearly from the cabin of the Mustang! The Camaro offered one thing I do miss and that's the HUDc

RoushCharged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Ruby & Loaded
Performance Pack and then use savings to swap in a good manual transmission.
Premium package 401a
Rear Backup
Adaptive Cruise (love this in real traffic)
Security package
3.73/3.55 gears if you stay N/A, 3.15 if you plan to do forced induction at some point.
Ford Racing Performance Pack (if you go with Auto)
Ford Racing Half Shafts
Supercharger, Convertible, etc. etc.. :)

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Do you actually enjoy the NAV? I've only had my car about 2 weeks now and I find that it's not working as well as I'd like it to.
Nav is excellent. Didn't think I would use it but now consider it a Must Have. Far better than my Android -- I can see and hear it.

Other Must Haves include Premier Trim, and spare tire.

I like the Reverse Sensing System, but could live without it if I really needed the $300.

I found no value in the expensive ($1800) 401a package. Didn't want BLIS since I prefer the spot mirrors. Shaker Pro is a marginal improvement over Shaker. I wanted the memory seats but was NOT paying that price to get them.

Doesn't take many options to make it a very nice car.