Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
The RPI ones look good, and good price.
Good find!
(One of the benefits of having a international car is the modding research gets spread all over the world ;) )
Sponsored

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
Hi Aussie Greg,

Just wondering what you went with?

Have not decided on any yet. The RPI and the ZL1s are a good price compared to the American Muscle ones however the American Muscle ones look the goods and do not require removal of the rear wheels to fit them. The old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind.

Might end up with the American Muscle ones and also order some other items through them like a JLT Oil Catch Can and Bonnet Struts. They may do something on postage costs for me.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Thanks for that Greg,

I'd prefer something as well that doesn't require removing anything in the rear wheel well. I'm also after Redline struts.

Cheers

Jim

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Whenever I think of mud flaps, I think of those horrid things my dad had on his HQ Kingswood Sedan when I was a kid. Sorry, couldn't help myself! Looks like they've come a long way since then. I don't mind the factory ones on my old '90s Celica. They sort of look like part of the car, being moulded plastic.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Whenever I think of mud flaps, I think of those horrid things my dad had on his HQ Kingswood Sedan when I was a kid. Sorry, couldn't help myself! Looks like they've come a long way since then. I don't mind the factory ones on my old '90s Celica. They sort of look like part of the car, being moulded plastic.

Agree with your thoughts about old fashion mudflaps that is why I think people now call them mudspats. They do not sound as big. Lol

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that Greg,

I'd prefer something as well that doesn't require removing anything in the rear wheel well. I'm also after Redline struts.

Cheers

Jim

Jim I have ordered the American Muscle Mudspats today. Should have them in about 2 to 3 weeks. Not cheap but think they are the best quality I have seen along with the way they are fitted.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Jim I have ordered the American Muscle Mudspats today. Should have them in about 2 to 3 weeks. Not cheap but think they are the best quality I have seen along with the way they are fitted.
I was initially keen on these, but yet to be sold on the securing sections which jut out and form an uneven edge on the side of the car.

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Will be good to see how they look after fitting.

I looked at them more closely re the fitting and tend to agree with Drew. The part that juts out would probably not get picked on a black car though but I'll hang tight and see how yours look.

Sponsored

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!

nzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Fastback GT MT PP
I initially bought a set of the RPI guards. The fronts can be installed with the wheels on and are easy to install. They are a bit over priced for what they are, however they do the job and protect the paintwork. I am happy with the fronts, hardly notice they are there, which is what I want, but gave up on trying to fit the rears. Firstly on our cars, we have a bit of black plastic moulding in the inside of the rear arches that is not on the US spec cars, and is in the way of the top of the splash guard. Unlike the fronts which use 3 existing pushpins and a U clip at the top, the rears use one pushpin and 3 long screws with a bit of tubing for a spacer to screw into 3 other pushpins. This whole arrangement just seemed way too flimsy for me, and others in the US on the forum noted that the were prone to falling off, so after taking a back wheel of twice to try and fit them, just gave up.
I then ordered a set of the rear guards from American Muscle (actually made by Jaegar bros). Once again, overpriced for what they are. Jaegar bros sell them on their website a bit cheaper, but only as a full set and wouldn't ship to NZ so had to buy from AM. very easy to install (5 seconds and wheels on). They do the trick, although don't look quite as clean as the RPI fronts, as you can see the rubber U channel that holds it on, I also don't like the idea of of the U channel gripping directly on the paintwork, but its better at this stage than stone chips. Still hoping Ford will release some decent ones, one day, but given we are now into 2016, I am not holding my breath that this will ever happen.

OP
OP
AussieGreg

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Installed the MudSpats available from American Muscle over the weekend. First 2 photos are of the rear and second 2 photos are of the front
20160409_120821_resized.jpg
20160409_120834_resized.jpg
20160409_120813_resized.jpg
20160409_120841_resized.jpg

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Have not decided on any yet. The RPI and the ZL1s are a good price compared to the American Muscle ones however the American Muscle ones look the goods and do not require removal of the rear wheels to fit them. The old saying you get what you pay for comes to mind.

Might end up with the American Muscle ones and also order some other items through them like a JLT Oil Catch Can and Bonnet Struts. They may do something on postage costs for me.
The American Muscle ones look good to me, and I like the no drill option. Have ordered a set.

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible