MRT Catback exhaust - Full Review

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP, Wipple Stage 2
Installed. It's 'MEAN' and deep. The shop that installed it had never put in MRT and were impressed. It's surprisingly tight and well contained under acceleration--not really that loud at all until you get into 5-6th gear under load. Still you can talk without issue and listen to music.

I haven't noticed drone yet but I only had time for a 10 minute drive. Tomorrow I'm going to put some miles on it.

For those that say the quality of sound dies off at WOT...that's recorded audio quality, as I had assumed.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Glad you like Don!

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
What am I thinking?

Got to thank Jay and Dan over at Hypermotive for hooking up a GREAT price and speedy shipping!

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
What am I thinking?

Got to thank Jay and Dan over at Hypermotive for hooking up a GREAT price and speedy shipping!

lol, not worried about that. I'm just glad you like it!

Sponsored

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
Installed. It's 'MEAN' and deep. The shop that installed it had never put in MRT and were impressed. It's surprisingly tight and well contained under acceleration--not really that loud at all until you get into 5-6th gear under load. Still you can talk without issue and listen to music.

I haven't noticed drone yet but I only had time for a 10 minute drive. Tomorrow I'm going to put some miles on it.

For those that say the quality of sound dies off at WOT...that's recorded audio quality, as I had assumed.
Video Please!!!!!! :headbang: :eyebulge:

RedRaider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
What part of WI are you in? This is my number one exhaust choice by I would really like to hear it in person before I ordered!!

Don

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
Just a fast update....

I've had my exhaust on for several days now. I will say this exhaust is beefy, deep, mean and sounds great----BUT----I am going to get rid of it. Ends up being too loud for my taste. Too bad too...it's by far the best exhaust 'tone' I've had on a car.

I'm going to put the exhaust up for sale soon but if anyone is interested PM me for price. Maybe 50 miles on it.

Sponsored
OP
OP

alimustafa23

alimustafa23
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustafa
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT blood red PP
Just a fast update....

I've had my exhaust on for several days now. I will say this exhaust is beefy, deep, mean and sounds great----BUT----I am going to get rid of it. Ends up being too loud for my taste. Too bad too...it's by far the best exhaust 'tone' I've had on a car.

I'm going to put the exhaust up for sale soon but if anyone is interested PM me for price. Maybe 50 miles on it.
Sorry to hear it is too loud for your taste. But you need to realize it will be loud when it's cold and it will slowly sound deeper and not as loud after it got a couple hundred miles on it. My first impressions were almost the same but i waited a a month or two before posting the review roughly 1500 miles after. So if i were you, i'd try it out for a little longer , give it a couple heat cycles and let it settle in a little more before i get rid of it. But that is just me.

But if you feel it is still too loud for your taste, i'd say go with something that matches your taste better and which you'll enjoy more. As long as you are happy, that matters the most! Good luck :)

-Mustafa

cbear50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang 5.0
Just a fast update....

I had the exact same thoughts but loved the sound of the car so much I tinkered with a few mods to it and ended up only using the axle back portion of the exhaust and returning the rest to stock and it still sounds awesome and deep but much quieter in the cabin. Other than the weight of the stock resonator I don't see much draw back to doing this since most catbacks are not producing a lot of hp gains. Ive got a whipple on order and will probably put the full 3 inch system back on with the whipple because I think it will be more of a benefit then.

dabears2322

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2005 Infiniti G35 coupe
I had the exact same thoughts but loved the sound of the car so much I tinkered with a few mods to it and ended up only using the axle back portion of the exhaust and returning the rest to stock and it still sounds awesome and deep but much quieter in the cabin. Other than the weight of the stock resonator I don't see much draw back to doing this since most catbacks are not producing a lot of hp gains. Ive got a whipple on order and will probably put the full 3 inch system back on with the whipple because I think it will be more of a benefit then.
Would be great to hear some clips of it

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
cbear50

Did the axle back portion go on like a standard axle back?

cbear50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang 5.0
yes, I cut the factory exhaust where the MRT system axle back bolts to their h pipe and welded them to the factory. Car sounds great I will try to get a clip up. I was surprised that the mufflers alone were able to produce that deep sound ive always been told that its the h pipe that creates that deep rumble sound. It cost 85 bucks at a local muffler shop to try it. I asked MRT about it before I did it and they said there is an axle back version in the works so its essentially the same system they will be offering soon.
Sponsored