Sponsored

MPT Tune Officially out

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
For the guys that made there own adjustments to there MPT tune or even the can tunes that come with the SCT what are you setting your firmness at for your shits in the Auto trans ?
Sponsored

Boss226

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I tried on my friends mustang works fine I tried his tuner on my car doesn't work.. any suggestions?

Thanka

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Well if it works on your friend's you may have a bad OBDII port, probly unlikely. Best thing to do is double check. Use you tuner on his car with your OBDII cable then his. If everything works use his tuner on his car with your OBDII cable. If everything works do the same on your car. Also double check that all cables are properly seated. If that fails then you may want to have your OBDII port examined.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
If MPT reads this group it would be nice if they ran specials once in awhile on just there tunes if you already have the tuner and wanted to just add more tunes to the car

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
anyone here running this tune form MPT what can you tell me about it ?

Any Octane Performance Trans Only:
This tune can be used with any octane fuel, the concept behind this tune is to take the improved shifting and performance of the PR-X tune but leave spark, fuel and other items stock. Throttle response and part throttle acceleration will still have a noticeable increase over stock.

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd

A few runs from yesterday. Running the 91prx because Ca. Best run of the day was 13.6@103, in 3,000ft DA. It was warm! Stock 3.15s, shorties, x pipe, stock cats, ported manifolds, roush ab, intake.

USMC V6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Premium 51A, GT 18"wheels, spoiler
For the guys that made there own adjustments to there MPT tune or even the can tunes that come with the SCT what are you setting your firmness at for your shits in the Auto trans ?
Mark, I have my auto shifting firmness set at +25% 1st thru 5th 6th is stock which I never shift too. In D driving normal you will not notice shifting it will be just like stock also in S not paddle shifting it shifts normal the only time you will notice shifting firmness is under high RPM's loads. I only paddle shift mine in S. I like keeping the RPM's up around 3000 Rpm's in city driving. The other day coming off a red light I ran it to 7000 RPM's in first shifted has a nice long chirp and the back end slid to the left.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
bump

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So here I buy a jlt cai thinking that it would add something and require a rework of my tune. But according to mpt a rework of my tune isn't necessary with my new addition. I thought that adding a cai would require a rework to take into account of the cai. Otherwise it feels like a waste when there isn't a benefit to adding a cai. That is unless jlt did a really good job making their cai really not require anything. Total bummer if you ask me.

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T
So here I buy a jlt cai thinking that it would add something and require a rework of my tune. But according to mpt a rework of my tune isn't necessary with my new addition. I thought that adding a cai would require a rework to take into account of the cai. Otherwise it feels like a waste when there isn't a benefit to adding a cai. That is unless jlt did a really good job making their cai really not require anything. Total bummer if you ask me.
I thought the same when I got the news that no changes needed for the JLT intake. Taking my car to the track proved me wrong.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Cold air intakes are beneficial to a point. Modern intake designs though have steadily improved so CAIs are not as effective as they used to be. CAIs required a tune last gen because of MAF. MAF required recalibration of the sensor due to the increased airflow. MAP systems only measure pressure and as such do not require this same recalibration.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Ok that sounds promising. So basically I'm going off on outdated info. I'm still pretty happy driving around but I guess I just want more.

Update:
Just reinstalled the 93prx after putting in the jlt cai and I am surprised to how much I missed having the tune on the car. I've driven with the jlt with stock and it was great. But after putting the tune back it seems even better than before. Overall the car feels more alive than the first time I put the tune. It also seems louder than with the stock tune.

Last edited:

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
bump

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
bump

racinreddy

P51 - MUSTANG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6, Race Red, 051a, Auto, CAI: Roush
We have just missed the 5% off discount code "hurricane" which was posted on their facebok page. Coupon was valid thr 10/6 -10/10. I have too missed it but yet ordered mine yesterday SCT x4 device as well as 3 tunes for my stang.
87 Eco
87 PRX
93PRX
Sponsored