Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I had the MGP before I sold it... it only can read HS-CAN... so it will not see the IPC Module.

Secondly, IDS and FMP will not let you flash the "wrong" firmware to a module. It will only let you flash an update if ford officially made one available for that part number of the module.
Yep... digitally signed payloads. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
I had the MGP before I sold it... it only can read HS-CAN... so it will not see the IPC Module.

Secondly, IDS and FMP will not let you flash the "wrong" firmware to a module. It will only let you flash an update if ford officially made one available for that part number of the module.
And FMP is "relatively" cheap if you use it sporadically. $33 for 72h ain't too expensive if you just need it to flash something:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct?productID=1177

GTDRPTP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible Premium
Hey all, new Mustang owner here and this Forscan stuff is really interesting for the Mustang as well as my 2015 F150.

I use Apple computers, but have access to a Windows laptop. Would rather not go the wifi route due to reported problems and really don't want to pay the BT price for something that would not get used much, especially because I already have a BT adapter for my Android tablet to use for real time data in the car.

Has anyone used this adapter? Seems like it meets the specs. It is USB, being wired is no big deal for me, but would like to know it works before ordering...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ant info would be appreciated!

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Hey all, new Mustang owner here and this Forscan stuff is really interesting for the Mustang as well as my 2015 F150.

I use Apple computers, but have access to a Windows laptop. Would rather not go the wifi route due to reported problems and really don't want to pay the BT price for something that would not get used much, especially because I already have a BT adapter for my Android tablet to use for real time data in the car.

Has anyone used this adapter? Seems like it meets the specs. It is USB, being wired is no big deal for me, but would like to know it works before ordering...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got that one from Amazon also. Works fine. Plugged it into my laptop with Windows 10 and it downloaded the drivers automatically. When I plugged it into the car it hooked up great. You just need to switch the HS and MS switch when it tells you to.
I went from 18 to 19 inch wheels and I reset the speedo. Easy peasy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
I use VCX Nano since it works with both Forscan and FMP. Used it to update my BCM and ABS modules to the latest firmware with FMP.

cappo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Volcano Orange
The switching delay for switching on the lighting in "Autolamps" switch position is very long, about 20 seconds. In short tunnels, the light does not even begin ... or just before you are outside again. Is it possible to reduce the time to a few seconds?

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
IIRC there should be a sensitivity settings in the central display: have you tried adjusting it?

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Is the excel sheet being updated or maintained still? There's been a lot of discoveries like enabling Track Modes on a base V6/EB/GT that have a premium (or Tesla) bezel. There's also been the DRL menus that haven't made the list. I put 18" rims on my V6, it came with 17s. The changes needed for that would be helpful on the excel too.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
So, just for reference on this... If I want my ambers, tails, and fins to come on as DRLs I would configure:
726-45-01: xxxx 7Fxx xxxx
726-50-01: 01xx
726-26-02: x1xx xxxx xxxx
I just did this and it works perfectly!

Now my marker lights (ambers and tails) come on when my parking brake is disengaged (manual transmission). I prefer these lights on any time I'm driving and always just turned the switch in my F250. I tried turning the switch in the S550, but it killed any advantage autolamps had.

I will note, however, I have no DRL menu in my vehicle settings. Maybe there's another setting to change? I thought that's what the 726-45-01 change was supposed to do.:shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I finally remembered to check...
The only one of those I don't have from the factory is "Relock"
Does anyone know what Relock is? I hope it means the car locks itself when you walk away.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
No, the car automatically relocks if you unlock it and don't open a door in a minute or so.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Alrighty, I guess it's time to introduce my app that I'm working on... I know the Excel spreadsheet doesn't get updated really often. So, I created a quick app that will have the AS-Built Data information. Whenever I(Or you if interested) will add a value. The app will be updated in real time. You will be able to make a search as well. Here's how it'll look like... (For now it's only available for Android Smartphone and HU. I might make one for Apple devices later on. Also, Disregard the one screenshot on the bottom right. It was for the Tesla HU thread).
:cheers:
Screenshot_20170423-151146.jpg

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible

I got that exact one from Amazon too, and actually used it on my MacBook with success. Of course, since FORScan isn't Mac-approved, I had used it on my Windows 10 partition (you can do this with Bootcamp, or VirtualBox is what I used). But yeah if you have access to a Windows Laptop it should work fine on that too!
Sponsored