Sponsored

MMD rear diffuser

Fripp64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Mustang GT
For what it's worth category....I emailed A/M this morning asking about the MMD rear diffuser before seeing this thread. I just got a reply from them
(ya gotta love Salesmen!)

Rob Bolger (American Muscle )
Sep 20, 4:28 PM EDT
Hello J,

Thanks for contacting American Muscle. The MMD Rear Diffuser is certainly a popular item. The price is currently $249.99. Our ETAs come straight from the manufacturer themselves but unfortunately it seems MMD is unsure on when they'd be able to get us another shipment. From what I can tell it seems that MMD may not have made enough of these and they ended up being more popular than expected. I would certainly expect this item to come back in stock at some point but when is up in the air at this point in time. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.
I hope this answered your question, but should you need any additional assistance you may simply respond to this email or give us a call at 1-844-887-6502 Monday to Thursday from 8:30AM through 11PM and Friday through Sunday 8:30AM through 9:00PM EST and one of our Mustang Experts would be happy to help!
Enthusiastically,
Rob Bolger
Customer Service Representative
1-844-887-6502
American Muscle
If you have additional questions and would like to talk to a Mustang or F150 expert give us a call at
1-888-327-2339
Mon-Thu 8:30a-11p, Fri-Sun 8:30a-9p
Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Pulled directly from MMD's website...

AmericanMuscle is the sole outlet for Modern Muscle Design’s parts and customization options.

I would think AM would have a better answer than what was given to you since they are the "Sole" outlet. :mad:

OP
OP

svtguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Vert
I am thinking that us who purchased one and installed it are out of luck:frusty:

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Hate to agree... but you're likely right. On the slim chance that MMD does reengineer it, AM is gonna have a problem tracking down and sending replacements to all purchasers, on top of new purchasers.

While the thread is fresh though, mine was installed 7/21 and is still going strong through multiple car washes, rains, 100+ mph pulls, etc. (knock on wood)

Sponsored

kingstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Hate to agree... but you're likely right. On the slim chance that MMD does reengineer it, AM is gonna have a problem tracking down and sending replacements to all purchasers, on top of new purchasers.

While the thread is fresh though, mine was installed 7/21 and is still going strong through multiple car washes, rains, 100+ mph pulls, etc. (knock on wood)
If they're unable to check their data base on those who purchased the flawed model, then they not need to be in business, click of a button is all it takes.

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Let me clear that up. I meant they would likely have issues sending out replacements simultaneously with people buying it for the first time. When these first came out they sold out twice in three weeks. So inevitably when the new version hits shelves all people with a bad one will wan a new one, as will hundreds of people with nothing right now, and they will most likely not have the supplies right away to take care of everyone

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I'm awaiting the redesign. I returned mine before I installed it, didn't want to, but ultimately decided if it broke I'd be out for the couple hundred bucks it cost me.

I hope the new design is released soon

Red Turtle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Very glad that I found this thread as I almost purchased after seeing this on a car in a AM vid. I am currently plastidipped and was thinking of pulling it off to install this.

Sponsored

golfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White EB
Seems like this thread gets revived every week... but I got something to add.

So I installed the first week this was out--somewhere around July 20, 2016. Flash forward to today, I just found small stress cracks in the troublesome spots. Now this thing hasn't been beat to hell all its life, but it has been above 100 multiple times, been through who knows how many car washes (I'm a detail freak), and deals with a lot of interstate miles (sustained 80 mph).

I'll give it a month at most before I succumb to the inevitable. What scares me is how dirty and gnarly the caked on grime is on the actual bumper underneath when I inevitably have to take off what remains.

Anyone still rocking a diffuser that's fully intact?
Sponsored