Sponsored

MMD Pre Painted Decklid Panel

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Does the panel come with clips, or do you have to transfer existing ones from the factory panel over?
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my panel just arrived, it's raining here pretty bad, so the install will have to wait until tomorrow, but I unpacked it and inspected it, it looks amazing!! I got the UA black, I'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Does the panel come with clips, or do you have to transfer existing ones from the factory panel over?
just read over the instructions, clips transfer over from the oem piece

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=23294]scott_0[/MENTION]

Sweet! I look forward to seeing how the paint patches to the bezels of the tail lights!

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
just install one painted guard. Color match is good but haven't had a chance to see under all light conditions.

ChristianDev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT MT
Just installed Shadow Black looks great fits great:headbang: (don't be a dumbass like me and install your backup camera upside down tho).
IMG_9936.jpg
IMG_9937.jpg
IMG_9938.jpg

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
installed mine this morning, fitment was ok, couldnt get it tight without showing dimples, that bugged me but not enough to make it a deal killer, I was admiring it, then noticed a blemish only noticeable from different angles in sunlight, I just couldnt ignore it. I contacted AM and as usual they were great and setup a return, heres where I wasnt happy, I asked if they could send the new one, and Id return this one as soon as I got the replacement, he stated that wasnt their policy, which I understand, but now youre asking me to remove the bad one, reinstall the oem piece, once the replacement arrives, remove the oem and reinstall the replacement.........no thanks! to much of a chance on scratching the car, and/or breaking plastic mounting tabs, so Im just returning it for a refund.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
installed mine this morning, fitment was ok, couldnt get it tight without showing dimples, that bugged me but not enough to make it a deal killer, I was admiring it, then noticed a blemish only noticeable from different angles in sunlight, I just couldnt ignore it. I contacted AM and as usual they were great and setup a return, heres where I wasnt happy, I asked if they could send the new one, and Id return this one as soon as I got the replacement, he stated that wasnt their policy, which I understand, but now youre asking me to remove the bad one, reinstall the oem piece, once the replacement arrives, remove the oem and reinstall the replacement.........no thanks! to much of a chance on scratching the car, and/or breaking plastic mounting tabs, so Im just returning it for a refund.
Out of curiosity, did you ask if they would charge for and ship a replacement and then let you return the original for a refund? I know some wouldn't want to do that.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Out of curiosity, did you ask if they would charge for and ship a replacement and then let you return the original for a refund? I know some wouldn't want to do that.
I didn't even inquire, I'd imagine, yes, I could have paid for another, then sent this one back, I guess I didn't like the look that much to deal with installing another with not so great fitment and risk another blemish.......

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's disappointing ):

Still really having a hard time deciding if I want to pull the trigger or just get a black GT emblem.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's disappointing ):

Still really having a hard time deciding if I want to pull the trigger or just get a black GT emblem.
I would do it! mine was phenomenal looking except for the blemish, the dimple thing could be avoided, just have to go really light when tightening the four screws........

Sponsored

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would do it! mine was phenomenal looking except for the blemish, the dimple thing could be avoided, just have to go really light when tightening the four screws........
I have a history of getting bunk parts from manufacturers. I even had to get a replacement set of roush heat extractors mailed to me because the first set fit like shit :\

But yeah, maybe I'll give it a shot anyway. Knowing my luck I'll break the clips on the stock piece :doh:

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
Have seen the Guard painted panel under all light now. Color match is good, changes color same as the rest of the car. Install was a bit of a pain trying to line up the pegs to the holes for the screws. Like the way the color matching panel changes the look.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Have seen the Guard painted panel under all light now. Color match is good, changes color same as the rest of the car. Install was a bit of a pain trying to line up the pegs to the holes for the screws. Like the way the color matching panel changes the look.
Got any pics of it in guard? It'd be nice to see it.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
My shadow black deck lid is going on today along with the Mmd diffuser. Pics later. :headbang:

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)