Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
They don't have any shadow black in stock. I have a 2016 and spoke with customer service and they said UA black is the same so I ordered mine today and will be here Friday.
I wonder why they said that UA and G1 are the same black? If they are why the different paint codes?

When I e-mailed them about UA they said it wouldn't match the factory gloss tail light bezels and I'd be better off painting a matte black panel to match them up.

I guess I'll have to see one of each black they sell on a car before I pull the trigger; especially for $249.

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I wonder why they said that UA and G1 are the same black? If they are why the different paint codes?

When I e-mailed them about UA they said it wouldn't match the factory gloss tail light bezels and I'd be better off painting a matte black panel to match them up.

I guess I'll have to see one of each black they sell on a car before I pull the trigger; especially for $249.
That's interesting since their rep told me that UA was the one that would match the stock light bezels. Starting to wonder if they even know or care what the customer wants just make the sale. I ordered the UA and will post pics by Sunday if it matches. If it doesn't it will be sent back.

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
That's interesting since their rep told me that UA was the one that would match the stock light bezels. Starting to wonder if they even know or care what the customer wants just make the sale. I ordered the UA and will post pics by Sunday if it matches. If it doesn't it will be sent back.
My guess is that you would get a different answer each time you asked.

It would be nice if they could lay each of those two decklids in black together in a photo that is not computer generated and show what they really look like; but I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

I'm interested to see how it looks; hope it matches up well for you.

I'm not expecting a perfect match but if they can get it very close I don't have to buy one and get it painted myself.

gtorpedo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed mine in shadow black and it look to be almost an exact match. Im sure the UA will be very close as well, I wouldn't sweat it.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
I just installed mine in shadow black and it look to be almost an exact match. Im sure the UA will be very close as well, I wouldn't sweat it.
Pic?

Sponsored

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Decklid arrived and looks fantastic right out of the box! Installing tomorrow afternoon. Pics to follow.

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Decklid installed and it is a perfect match! Customer service rep was right. If you want it to match the stock tailight bezels UA black is e black that you want. Installed very easy and looks perfect! Will get pics tomorrow in the day light

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
Got my shadow black today and it looks pretty much identical so far by just holding it up to the original.

Edit: Installed it and came out good. Also, do not over tighten the 4 bolts or it'll leave dimples.

Last edited:

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just got mine today in Shadow Black and a quick check under decent light shows a very nice match to the tail light bezels. :thumbsup:

My only minor criticism is I thought some of the paint was scratched off as I saw a lot of white areas when I opened the package. Apparently they waxed the decklid and did a piss poor job of removing all the wax residue.

I think both blacks are probably indistinguishable from each other and match fine to the stock bezels. They really should just offer one black and eliminate a possible lost sale from the confusion over the two.

After comparing my oem and Shadow black version I can't see any difference in the paint color.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cpelaez1

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
This is shadow black. Looks really good I can't tell the difference with the stock color. However, installing showed me it's not as secure as oem it still wiggles a little. For what it is, I'm happy. Howler badge is in the mail.
IMG_1492.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited: