Sponsored

MMD Foose spoiler

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Good luck to all those who want to violate the installation instructions by just using tape. Afterall, Alex says it is good enough (you got it in writing here). Yes, the tape is strong and pulling off the factory spoiler was a bitch but, the designed are totally different and that is coming from the factory in controlled environments with much stronger adhesives. Please do the right thing and bolt your spoiler the way it was designed to.
Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
Good luck to all those who want to violate the installation instructions by just using tape.

Afterall, Alex says it is good enough (you got it in writing here).

Yes, the tape is strong and pulling off the factory spoiler was a bitch but, the designed are totally different and that is coming from the factory in controlled environments with much stronger adhesives.

Please do the right thing and bolt your spoiler the way it was designed to.
[MENTION=18443]SterlingStangMan[/MENTION] - In no way did I say it's better than bolting this to the car.

I'm merely providing personal experience having installed more scoops/louvers/rear window louvers here than the next guy.

MustangShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Mustang GT
Anyone have pics of a the black spoiler on DIB?
I would like to know this as well. I have a DIB PP GT that I'm planning on trimming out in gloss black (ordered emblems yesterday), and have been contemplating ordering this in that color when my funds are square.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Science Time on M6G

Here is a little tidbit from the guys at MIT (really smart guys) about the forces involved with aerodynamics and spoilers.
[ame]
I thought it was interesting especially the reference to F1 cars at 130KPH (about 80MPH) generating more downforce than the weight of their cars. That is a hefty force and should not be taken for granted even with our cars which are heavier with much smaller spoilers - force is still force.

Sponsored

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
not to change the subject, this being directed towards alex..i just placed my order for a race red one the other day. It says its on back order, any idea how long?
thanks!

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
tyguy you will love the spoiler - a good choice! That is notification is deceiving. I got the same thing but the spoiler unpainted is in stock. AM have not changed that to something like "one week delay for painting" and then shipping. Mine was like a 5 days delay. PM Alex and he can give you an update.

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
not to change the subject, this being directed towards alex..i just placed my order for a race red one the other day. It says its on back order, any idea how long?
thanks!
[MENTION=22069]tyguy[/MENTION] -

No problem at all!

Here's what I found.

• A batch to be painted on 4/28
  • Buffed/Packaged and sent to our warehouse (Hopefully by 5/2)
  • Ready to ship no later that 5/4 (once they're through our receiving department and quality control (It can take time as we're constantly receiving shipments from vendors

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'm here to help.

Alex

tyguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
awesome, that's not bad at all. thanks for the quick replies. I can't wait to get it on there, I haven't seen a race red one yet.

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW

Sponsored

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I just can't decide. I still haven't seen a spoiler on the S550 that I just can't do without. This one is the closest so far, but from certain angles that cutout section in the middle looks a little strange to me. Wish I could see one in person.
Sponsored