• Total voters

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Hello everyone. I know these cars are a bit different than what most of you like but all opinions are welcomed. There’s been some back and fourth smack talk from the Nissan Z forums and the Supra forums. All fun and games but I am genuinely interested in which car is preferred to other car people. What’s a better place to go than the Mustang owners! (Kinda like Mustang vs Camaro)

Let’s get some votes

32CF1A06-202B-4E33-8956-68E5CAAC9B70.jpeg

F2E3D3EA-9B52-4CD3-8F11-EA376E58B0B5.jpeg
6AB200AB-FE2C-44F9-B7BF-DFF0F612A96F.jpeg
494AF09C-5769-4786-ABEF-686276865EA4.jpeg
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Z all the way. I'm looking forward to seeing one in person and taking it for a spin.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yeah, the Supra is better looking in person than in pics, but is still on the homely side no matter how I squint.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
As a former 350z owner, which I loved and drove for 9 years. I'd go with another Z over the Supra even though I don't like the rear tail lights on this new one. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't think they look right with the rest of the car. Maybe that opinion will change when I see one in person.

Sponsored

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
As a previous 2009 370Z owner and a previous 2016 Mustang GT PP owner and a current 2020 Supra 3.0 owner, I prefer the Supra. My 370Z had a lot of issues, some of which were not fixable. Mustang had some issues but were all fixable. Supra after 1 year 0 issues. All still great cars but based on my past experiences...
1. Supra
2. Mustang GT PP
3. 370Z / 400Z

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
As a previous 2009 370Z owner and a previous 2016 Mustang GT PP owner and a current 2020 Supra 3.0 owner, I prefer the Supra. My 370Z had a lot of issues, some of which were not fixable. Mustang had some issues but were all fixable. Supra after 1 year 0 issues. All still great cars but based on my past experiences...
1. Supra
2. Mustang GT PP
3. 370Z / 400Z
That's interesting, my 350z was an 03 and basically bullet proof. I don't remember exactly what happened but I had some sort of sensor fail that was creating rough idle and occasional stalling. Other than that I never did anything more than general maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, belts, etc.).
What were your problems with the 370Z?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
housemate went thru 3 engines in the 350/70 Z ownership. all dealer service, all covered under warranty.

other house mate had an Maxima, same engine. ran just fine. I remember Japanese Supra/Celicas. The new one looks like utter sh*t.

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
That's interesting, my 350z was an 03 and basically bullet proof. I don't remember exactly what happened but I had some sort of sensor fail that was creating rough idle and occasional stalling. Other than that I never did anything more than general maintenance (oil, tires, brakes, belts, etc.).
What were your problems with the 370Z?
The un fixable issue was major throttle lag when warm under 4k rpm. Many people had same issue, Nissan could not help anyone.
Also had 5th gear grind, common issue.
Oil overheating issue. Aftermarket oil cooler fixed it, kind of.
ABS ice mode...ABS would over react in heavy braking situations. I had it happen but could drive around that issue. Also a common issue.

OGFSU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 6r80 IG: @ogfsu.s550
IMO I'd take the Supra GR with the b58 engine over the 400z with the Vr30 engine. Theres a big beef between the VR30 and B58 communities in my local race scene and a lot of money runs end up with the B58 owner getting paid lol. Also in terms of looks I prefer the MkV when done up, off the lot I think the 400z looks better but we'll see how people end up doing those cars to their liking.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yeah, the Supra is better looking in person than in pics, but is still on the homely side no matter how I squint.
Drove a Supra, on a track (mid bank oval.) yes they look much better in person.
The down side is it is all bmw with a different outer skin.
For the lexus type buyer, this isn't an issue, For the People that waited for a new supra it is a BIG issue.
These designers and engineers that Are on the planning stages of vehicle they know will get tracked, need to learn to put a crash test dummy in the seat with a helmet on.
The supra and even the c7-c8 vette suffer from this issue.

OP
OP
2JZ LOL

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Awesome opinions so far guys!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There are a lot of reasons, but number 1 - Supra is automatic only. Yes it's also extremely ugly and too expensive, but those aren't complete deal breakers like the automatic transmission.

But I don't know a lot about the Z yet. There could be something in the specs that rules it out for me. I'm not thrilled about any 6 cylinder engine. And it will depend on price and performance. Will it be as light as they say? Ergonomics? I don't love the front end styling of the Z, but at least it doesn't make me gag.

I do think a V6 makes for a potential better design than straight six as it fits more with a shorter and wider car. To me a long narrow car doesn't seem quite as good for performance.

I might end up in a BRZ rather than either the Supra or the Z. Maybe in a few years the Supra will get a manual and the next styling evolution will be more palatable.
Sponsored

Last edited: