Sponsored

misfires

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
Since i changed my(put in different mt82 blew up the old one) clutch and flywheel i get misfires in cylinders 4 and 7. So i thought maybe it was bad gas and ran that gas out, but it did it again yesterday. Reading online some people say i should do a crank relearn? Just seems odd to me and changing a clutch and fly wheel (mcleod rxt, alm flywheel) would cause misfires? any suggestions ?
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Since i changed my(put in different mt82 blew up the old one) clutch and flywheel i get misfires in cylinders 4 and 7. So i thought maybe it was bad gas and ran that gas out, but it did it again yesterday. Reading online some people say i should do a crank relearn? Just seems odd to me and changing a clutch and fly wheel (mcleod rxt, alm flywheel) would cause misfires? any suggestions ?
Yep...you need to do a crank relearn. I had the same codes until I took in to dealer and the did the relearn. All good after.

OP
OP

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
Thanks, thats what the internets seems to said. just wanted to confirm

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Yep...you need to do a crank relearn. I had the same codes until I took in to dealer and the did the relearn. All good after.
Did you have to return to a stock tune before taking it to the dealer for re-learn?

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Better off just finding someone local with an sct x4. That will do it no problem. Dealer will probably charge and some will look at you like a deer in the headlights.

Sponsored

arieso94z28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I installed my rxt clutch and flywheel yesterday. I drove around and put about 40 miles on it. Never had any problems with misfires. Only thing I did notice was some chattering noise from the clutch is all.

OP
OP

jared89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt pp
i have a livewire so no problems there, i drove it down to Carlisle (1.5 each way) no issue. but now it does Havent got a chance to mess with it yet
Sponsored