MGW Shifter OR Corsa X-Pipe?!

Mikegig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
I did both. While the exhaust was down, it was easier to drop the driveshaft and put in an MGW Race Spec and installed a Roush X-Pipe. It's like driving a new car........yea, I know mine's not a GT350, but the stock GT shifter in the Stage 3 Roush was unacceptable for me.

Do both...........
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've had the shifter for about 300 miles and it's such a huge difference between the stock. You'll have to trust me or make a trip to SC to try mine to see the difference.

But hands down it's the best mod I've put on mine so far!
Try driving a car with the stock shifter in it now, after having lived with the MGW. It'd be like giving up Sofia Vergara for Rosie O'Donnell. Gaack!!

I chose to do the shifter upgrade. When you get the MGW shifter all you will think is "how does he make this for only 500$", when you get the corsa xpipe you are going to wonder why does this cost $500
Dron, that is the bast analogy I've heard to date. You crushed it.

And why is it half assed? Any Backing to the statement? Dont half ass reply, back your statement up. lol
He made the change from stock to the MGW. He's seen them being produced at the factory and had the individual that designed and manufactures them install it as well. In other words, he's well versed on what the factory has to offer as he had the opportunity to have it broken down before him and was able to see a side by side with an MGW unit prior to install. The FRP shifter is a modified shaft with some lube that you retrofit the stock shifter with - the epitome of turd polishing. Trust me on that one.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Dron, that is the bast analogy I've heard to date. You crushed it.
I have done aftermarket upgrades on japanese, german, american, and classic cars and the MGW shifter in one of the nicest pieces of kit i have come across for the price bar none. For what it is and the quality of the execution, george could charge twice the price and not be ripping anyone off (but i'm glad he doesn't!).

Very impressed.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
No brainer.

MGW will provide crisper shifting and make you faster in between gears.

Corsa provides no performance enhancement. If you want a louder exhaust just cut the resonators for a fraction of the cost. If you want Performance save your dough for the full cat back and get a more aggressive tone as well.

Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
At the start the of the thread I was going to say Corsa for sure. But damn, the description of a MGW swap sounds delicious. For me, the stock shifter feels really good. Better than my previous Corvettes, and my Hurst in my old 93 C4 with 500hp 383 was very tastey.

OP, you own a 350, so you shouldn't be hurting for money, do both mods. Done and done!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Confession - I have both the MGW shifter and the Ford Racing/Borla cat-back. I look at it this way...which one could I give up if I had to? I could live with the stock exhaust in Sport Mode as it sounds pretty darn good, let's be honest. I could not however, give up the mechanical precision of the MGW shifter for the stocker.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
And why is it half assed? Any Backing to the statement? Dont half ass reply, back your statement up. lol
Why don't you look at both the products before suggesting which one to get before posting?

If you had looked, you'd know the Ford Racing "short throw shifter" is not a full shifter unit like the MGW, but rather just the lever itself that alters the fulcrum point for a shorter shift throw... the MGW is a full shifter assembly that completely eliminates all of the shortcomings of the OEM shifter assembly and internals. But I guess you haven't watched or read any of the videos/threads on the MGW either eh?

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
^^^^What he said^^^^

Sponsored
OP
OP

RR350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
H2043 / HR650
Just wait till you open that MGW box... you'll salivate all over yourself.
Haha just what I wanted to hear. I have a couple drops on my keyboard just looking at the pictures on the website lol. After all the great things I've heard about the MGW it made my decision really easy.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
^^^^SMART MAN^^^^

Both DrumReaper and I had George install our shiifters (Epiphany took video of my install, long story ask me when I been drinking about that experience). George is a anal perfectionist when it comes to his business. You'll see that when you open the box. But when you get the stock shifter out and look at it (from 5 feet away) You will really know what we are talking about.

Look forward to hearing what you think.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
MGW for sure, anyone questioning their quality or why buy one has probably never owned an MGW shifter.

I bought mine used and would do it again (but buy new) when i get my next car.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Thanks for all the input guys! MGW is ordered and scheduled the res delete! Best of both worlds.
That a boy.
Sponsored