MGW Issue only while moving

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
As soon as the car is even REMOTELY moving, second gear is a no go. I can get into the gate and about 90% in, but then stops JUST short of actually engaging. It gets super spongy and won't engage.?
Check the rubber boot. It might have slipped down and is contacting the adjustment screw. I had a similar situation, pulled the console and found a wear mark on the boot where it was catching. It was fine at idle, but when running and under torque, would catch and feel spongy and had to pull hard to get it into gear. I pulled the boot up and used a couple of zip tie's to hold up and no more issues.

Good Luck and hope this helps.
Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black
Want to order a MGW ST shifter this Memorial weekend, any deals going...? Or is this one of those parts which are hardly ever discounted.?
Where is the best place to buy.? MGW direct.? Beefcake.?

TIA

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
Want to order a MGW ST shifter this Memorial weekend, any deals going...? Or is this one of those parts which are hardly ever discounted.?

TIA
I've seen them discounted upto $50, checkout Beefcake i there there's a sale for the Memorial day. The last sale I've seen was in March/April at Lethal (few days) and Beefcake (only a day)

OP
OP
Spykexx

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus

TIA
So far looks like lethal won't have an MGW sale for memorial day. They just had a 50$ off. You may want to check with Beefcake.
Sponsored