Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcstang
I'd be down to help install at my place. I have everything needed. Never installed this shifter but I've done plenty of car builds.

That's a good deal for both of you. He's helped out a few others and they've helped him out in return. :thumbsup: Hope you like Jeeps ;)
I'd have no issues returning the favor.

The quote was from Dallas Mustangs May last year. I decided to do it myself. I don't have a garage so I take my car up to a do it yourself place in Denton and rent a lift. I take my own tools. Install took 5 hours by myself. Someone who wrenches on cars quite a bit could have that down to a couple hours max.
Thats cool man, what's that place in Denton called? For an install like this it may be much easier with a lift. I was thinking about asking Dallas Mustang so that saves me a call.
Sponsored

OP
OP

OKC S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black PP GT
I'd be down to help install at my place. I have everything needed. Never installed this shifter but I've done plenty of car builds.
I'd take you up on this as well, maybe knock out two installs in one weekend. I could supply the brews:cheers:

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
MyBayAuto
It's not the cleanest place but it has 2 lifts. I use it to change out fluids, check brakes and other misc items. I bring my own tools and fluid pumps.

cwrx82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I agree that you guys should do the install yourselves, as it isn't a difficult install at all. I did it on jack stands and it only took about 3 hours if I remember correctly. No need for a shop to do it. The most difficult thing for me was getting the damn rubber boot in place.

Sponsored

PROJECTeleven

KCCO DFW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twentyseventeen gt/pp
I was quoted $150 by Gearheads in Arlington.. MGW install.

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
That's a good price.

PROJECTeleven

KCCO DFW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
twentyseventeen gt/pp
I agree that seems really reasonable. Did they say if they have installed an MGW shifter on an S550 before?
No, but they're a highly respectable shop around here.

Also, I mentioned or verified it would still be $150 if they tranny mounted it, not just body mount.

Last edited: