Sponsored

Melbnuts Poor Red Mustang

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Well i thought it was about time to put up a thread to leave a trail of the mods that i will do over time to this wonderfull machine.

My journey started when i was finally given investment case funding from the minister of finance (wife) to get myself a second car. :clap2:

I started by cross shopping a c63 amg (yes i know its completely different) as well as an Audi S3 sedan (amazing car and very very close second). On the way home from dragging my wife to yet another drive of the c63 we stopped in the local ford dealer. There was a giant wall poster of the then completely unknown RHD Mustang. There was zero information available not even a price, all we had was some colours and a rough delivery date of maybe the end of the year. My wife i think was very sick of car shopping and said "just order one of these then".. BANG it was all over. I signed up that day :)

Fast forward approx 13 months and after a TERRIBLE ordering and communications process from Ford AU i had a delivery date and subsequently a bright red Mustang GT

Pardon the bad photo's i am far to lazy to get out the camera gear at this stage.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
OK so i had purchased a bunch of parts as part of my wait. It made it far easier to deal with the 12 months ++. In no particular order

Corsa Sports cat back exhaust with black tips
MGW shifter
Blank Decklid
GT350 Steering Wheel
and a few other pieces.

First things first. The car went into the guys at mustang motorsports in Melbourne who were great. Not cheap by any means but their workshop is great and they know there stuff. I am hoping that over time the pricing comes down as they get faster at fitting ect.

The car was there for a few hours and i had them fit both the Corsa Sports and the GT350 wheel. The car had about 250km on it at this point but i couldnt wait any longer.

I will put up a sound clip at some point but i can say that the noise is amazing!.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I've spent a bit of time on the phone with those guys, they seem very helpful, maybe a little pricey.
Love the red btw. I spent an eternity debating the pros and cons of red vs magnetic. Magnetic won in the end, but damn I love that red!

Last edited:
OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
i shall continue my updates with an install of a clear car bra by the guys down at invisible car bra in Knoxfield. James was brilliant. The guys really know their stuff and you cannot even see the line in the bonnet unless you are standing over the car or looking from the back.

We drove the car the next day down to the country and the extra protection was definitely useful. When i stopped i saw all kinds of dead bugs and little deflection marks on the film which were gone after being in the sun all day.

Oh and my car had some good company whilst in the workshop. Once again i cant recommend the guys from invisible car bra's enough!!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly do I have to type into Facebook to find the ford help team or whoever they are?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
last update for my mass upload and its not a good one.

We took the car down to Daylesford for the weekend (country town outside of melbourne) and i had to park the mustang outside the hotel for the night as it couldnt get up the STUPID driveway.

My wife said i was crazy and it would be fine outside for one night.. Well that wasnt true at all. I went down after bfast and had a quick look...

************!!!!

looks like some drunk idiot or plain asshole has decided to jump, lean or punch the bonnet... there is a tennis ball size dent right on the crease... I was quite surprised at myself for not losing my shit in public but i guess its a car.

I will contact some dent remover experts tomorrow and see what can be done. If it cant be repaired completely i may have to buy a new hood. Would love a Cervini :) but the shipping to AUS from CJpony was quoted at $1500 usd!!! WTF

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
last update for my mass upload and its not a good one.

We took the car down to Daylesford for the weekend (country town outside of melbourne) and i had to park the mustang outside the hotel for the night as it couldnt get up the STUPID driveway.

My wife said i was crazy and it would be fine outside for one night.. Well that wasnt true at all. I went down after bfast and had a quick look...

************!!!!

looks like some drunk idiot or plain asshole has decided to jump, lean or punch the bonnet... there is a tennis ball size dent right on the crease... I was quite surprised at myself for not losing my shit in public but i guess its a car.

I will contact some dent remover experts tomorrow and see what can be done. If it cant be repaired completely i may have to buy a new hood. Would love a Cervini :) but the shipping to AUS from CJpony was quoted at $1500 usd!!! WTF
Horrible to hear about the damage to your car mate, but excited to see what will be next on your mod list!

There are a lot of hood options available, I'm sure you will find something!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Only takes one wanker to ruin your day.
No good mate, sucks to see this sort of thing.

jonnop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT Coupe
Its funny how people say putting on a dash cam to record these things. It still doesn't reverse the damage once its done.. :frusty:

OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Its funny how people say putting on a dash cam to record these things. It still doesn't reverse the damage once its done.. :frusty:
Pretty much. So I could watch whoever did it?

Totally sucks but at the end of the day it happens. Just crap that I will be out of pocket

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Had the repair done yet, [MENTION=14296]Melbnut[/MENTION]?

OP
OP

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Had the repair done yet, [MENTION=14296]Melbnut[/MENTION]?
Not as yet. Just waiting on hood options... I was thinking I would go all out but have decided to be a bit more restrained. Hopefully have the parts mid next week. Not sure what to do with the dented hood. Maybe wall art in the garage

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
damn that makes me sick. looks like it was clearly intentional too
Sponsored