MBRP Headers opinion ?

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
A few months ago I got the MBRP Race Catback exhaust for around 450 shipped to my door. Absolutely can't beat that bang for the buck since I've had zero issues and the car sounds amazing. I see that MBRP has headers available for our cars and wanted to see if anyone has any experience with their headers? I didn't mind cheaping out on the catback because if it didn't fit well or if anything broke I could rip it off in an hour... Headers on the other hand, would take me an entire weekend to swap if i needed to take them back off.

If anyone has them, how do they sound? Do you think they're good quality headers? The price is very attractive, and i like the fact that they act as a bottleneck eliminator by cutting the "step down" section of your midpipe out and slide the midpipe into the headers for a full 3" straight back. The only other system I've found that does this is ARH and they're a bit pricier since you get the headers and the midpipe. Any input is appreciated!
Sponsored

Silver550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
15" Silver Premium PP
I would like to know too. I love my exhaust, the pictures seems legit but no one on here is running them.

BKinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sub for interest. I've been leaning towards the performance connect from SW but I would love to hear about the MBRP offering as I have had their exhausts before.

edit: maybe [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] can chime in on their experience.

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
Judging by the price they are top quality haha! But unless these are discounted heavily like their exhaust, I would stick with SW, Kooks, or ARH.

BKinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Judging by the price they are top quality haha! But unless these are discounted heavily like their exhaust, I would stick with SW, Kooks, or ARH.
That's kinda what I figured as well. For the like $30 more, you can get SW. I was thinking we might see a drop in MBRP pricing if they weren't selling well due to people expecting them to be cheaper like the cat-backs.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RHDZach

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
I can get the MBRP catless headers for ballpark 850 which is why i was leaning this direction. They're cheaper and act as a bottleneck eliminator. But i agree if i could get SW headers for like 100 more it's almost worth it to spend the extra money. But then you need to deal with the bottleneck or have a vband welded onto your x/h pipe and get the performance connect headers.. choices choices

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the mbrp are just like the other brands, as far as meeting around that factory connection point.

most brands offer a "fact" or "perf" connect, typically a perf connect is designed to mate to that companies exhaust.

I am working with stainless works to offer a set of the headers with extened lead pipes for those that won't go to past and have room where they can cut to fit 3" exhausts without the fact connection point

BKinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I can get the MBRP catless headers for ballpark 850 which is why i was leaning this direction. They're cheaper and act as a bottleneck eliminator. But i agree if i could get SW headers for like 100 more it's almost worth it to spend the extra money. But then you need to deal with the bottleneck or have a vband welded onto your x/h pipe and get the performance connect headers.. choices choices
Where have you seen it at this price? Vendor discount?

the mbrp are just like the other brands, as far as meeting around that factory connection point.

most brands offer a "fact" or "perf" connect, typically a perf connect is designed to mate to that companies exhaust.

I am working with stainless works to offer a set of the headers with extened lead pipes for those that won't go to past and have room where they can cut to fit 3" exhausts without the fact connection point
So the SW performance connect wont bolt up with say a corsa sport with the neck down piece removed? I was under the impression that the little adapter could be removed and it would mate with SW performance connect. Would it be too short? If that's the case then I need to start looking for something that will work without custom fab...

OP
OP
RHDZach

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)

So the SW performance connect wont bolt up with say a corsa sport with the neck down piece removed? I was under the impression that the little adapter could be removed and it would mate with SW performance connect. Would it be too short? If that's the case then I need to start looking for something that will work without custom fab...
One of my good friends owns a custom shop and has an account with Turn14. Best friend perks include performance parts at his cost :) Unfortunately they don't carry procharger, vortech, etc so i can't get any of those supercharger kits from him :/

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

correct, you would have to add a small section in, but we are working for an extended piece that will fill that gap, plus other exhausts

Sponsored

BKinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
correct, you would have to add a small section in, but we are working for an extended piece that will fill that gap, plus other exhausts

Interesting... I will hold out for that then. Looking forward to the updates from you beef.

Mission2toilet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP/2017 GTI PP
I Ordered catted MBRP few days ago. I had concern because no one talked about it. I took a chance with their great price. I will update you guys when I receive it.

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium

I did all the hard work already. I had to add length to my Lead pipes to get the SOLO exhaust to mate up without leaks between the joints related to not enough piping. Fits like a glove now:headbang:

:headbang:

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone seen the offroad MBRP headers less than $1069.00? That's the best I've found so far....

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Has anyone seen the offroad MBRP headers less than $1069.00? That's the best I've found so far....
hit me up, we are the goto for mbrp

i have them in stock as well

beef
513-478-1965
Sponsored