Master List of Possible Issues?

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
Please post all known issues with the mustang here so when people get their cars, they can check to see what to look for.

Please post the issue and how you found it. I'll edit my post to make one LARGE master list. Credit will go to the posters.

Thanks!

User Submissions
(AngryBeavers) Buzzing from the left side of the dash where the headlight knob is. Most noticeable after hitting a bump in the road.
(IcanCRF) *Panel alignment. I found my hood alignment to be off and closer to one side of the fenders.

*Muffler tip alignment, A muffler shop used a tape measure and pointed out my stock exhaust tips were not symmetrical from the factory as one was drooping noticeably more than the other. They then adjusted the tips accordingly when they deleted my resonator and welded my H-pipe in.

*Muffler rattling noise. Upon cold start ups, my muffler will rattle and the rattling sound abruptly stops. I have yet to discover the source of the rattle.

*Brake squeal. Intermittent brake squeal at slow speeds and when the car is cold.

*Paint run. A small clear-coat run was discovered behind my rear paper plate. As it is covered by the license plate, I will leave it alone due to the risk of further damage.

(icarumba) It would also be helpful to identify what type of car you have. Here's mine:

V6/AT/Convertible

*Crack in dash panel - passenger side. How the hell this wasn't caught at the factory OR during PDI is beyond me:

*Vibration between 50 & 70 mph (drive shaft replaced):

*Dimple in black trunk panel (It's not a dent - I think it is a poorly designed mold. The replacement panel has the same defect):

*Ripples in convertible top at both rear corners (not the normal wrinkles).

*Seatback release (on back of seat) hard to operate - passenger side.

*Steering wheel makes a "wheezing" sound when turning (no, it's wasn't me wheezing...I checked :D).

*A/C takes 6 minutes to blow cold, then goes back to ambient temp after 3 minutes.

(Guio) Mine's an "early" build (Oct 14'). Here's my gallery http://imgur.com/a/cUQaC , and summary of all of my Ecoboost's issues:

1) Engine: The car vibrates most of the time, and it's most noticeable whenever I go over 50MPH (since Dec 2014).
2) Automatic Transmission: It kicks/jolts from 2nd to 1st (vice-versa) quite often (since Nov 2014).
3) Turbo: High pitch noise whenever it's boosting (since November 2014). Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAKssW0L1VI
4) Noise right after I shut my car off (since Jan 2015). Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU9gl6b-jdM
5) Body Misalignments: Front and back bumper (driver side), Back Glass (one side is lower than the other). Driver side door or trunk aren't perfectly aligned, but I don't mind since it's hardly noticeable.
6) Leather Stitching: The back seat wasn't stitched correctly.
7) Aluminum Dash board: It's not perfectly placed on the passenger side. It sticks out a bit, and rattles from time to time.
8) Interior rattling: Aluminum piece (dashboard), and in the back (passenger side). Youtube video: h/ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-eJSjNRM3c
9) Trunk's Weatherstrip: It's coming off.
10) Door's Rubber Seal: Deformed, or not installed correctly.
11) A/C's Physical Controls: They randomly (but rarely) stop working. Youtube Video: h/ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtGMTbk9d8

(Bay1Stang) My V6/AT/Coupe issues:

-Check engine light on at 50 miles - catalytic converter replaced.
-Minor hood misalignment. The driver side is slightly higher.
-Rear glass misaligned.
-Trunk lid misaligned.
-Rattle in the glove box area.
Sponsored

Last edited:

AngryBeavers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black gt
I guess the biggest one I've experienced/seen is the buzzing coming from the left side of the dash where the headlight knob is. It's most noticeable for me after hitting a bump in the road.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
My exceptions:

*Panel alignment. I found my hood alignment to be off and closer to one side of the fenders.

*Muffler tip alignment, A muffler shop used a tape measure and pointed out my stock exhaust tips were not symmetrical from the factory as one was drooping noticeably more than the other. They then adjusted the tips accordingly when they deleted my resonator and welded my H-pipe in.

*Muffler rattling noise. Upon cold start ups, my muffler will rattle and the rattling sound abruptly stops. I have yet to discover the source of the rattle.

*Brake squeal. Intermittent brake squeal at slow speeds and when the car is cold.

*Paint run. A small clear-coat run was discovered behind my rear paper plate. As it is covered by the license plate, I will leave it alone due to the risk of further damage.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
It would also be helpful to identify what type of car you have. Here's mine:

V6/AT/Convertible

*Crack in dash panel - passenger side. How the hell this wasn't caught at the factory OR during PDI is beyond me:

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

*Dimple in black trunk panel (It's not a dent - I think it is a poorly designed mold. The replacement panel has the same defect):

picture.jpg

*Steering wheel makes a "wheezing" sound when turning (no, it's wasn't me wheezing...I checked :D).

*A/C takes 6 minutes to blow cold, then goes back to ambient temp after 3 minutes.

OP
OP
detailz03

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
It would also be helpful to identify what type of car you have. Here's mine:

V6/AT/Convertible

picture.jpg

woaaah. was this all from you? Sounds like you ended up with a near lemon :/

Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
woaaah. was this all from you? Sounds like you ended up with a near lemon :/
Oh, I'm sure I don't have the longest list! After reading what some of the others are going through, I feel pretty lucky!! [emoji3]

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
My V6/AT/Coupe issues:

-Check engine light on at 50 miles - catalytic converter replaced.
-Minor hood misalignment. The driver side is slightly higher.
-Rear glass misaligned.
-Trunk lid misaligned.
-Rattle in the glove box area.

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Well after all, we didn't buy a Mustang for it's superb quality. Or reliability. Or resale value. Or prestige. Or the sales experience. Or the service experience.

Ummm..why are we here again??? :lol:

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
Well after all, we didn't buy a Mustang for it's superb quality. Or reliability. Or resale value. Or prestige. Or the sales experience. Or the service experience.

Maybe we're all secretly just a bunch of masochists.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I wasn't really bothered by the fact that my car had that many issues. I'm just angry about how useless the warranty is. From that list, they're only going to fix #09 and #10. According to the 2 dealers that I went to, the rest was "within tolerance".
Within tolerance is just code words for you haven't bitched enough yet. Contact Ford directly too and they'll give the dealers the business.

Sponsored

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I wasn't really bothered by the fact that my car had that many issues. I'm just angry about how useless the warranty is. From that list, they're only going to fix #09 and #10. According to the 2 dealers that I went to, the rest was "within tolerance".
That's what they told me a few years back when my 2005 GT convertible started leaking hydraulic fluid from one of the top cylinders - right onto my seat belt. That was the last straw; I traded that POS for a new Mazda that very day.

Now, however, we have Rachel and our CSM's - so far they have been VERY helpful to me, and are bending over backwards to make sure I get everything fixed to my satisfaction. I hope they are able to help you too!

:ford: :thumbsup:

cush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium with PP, Guard Metalic

We're here because we're all nit picky assholes who love to find things to bitch about! But the current Ford QC process on these cars does suck! See, there I go again, bitch, bitch, bitch...

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I've got more items to add:

*Stereo defaults to AM/FM on startup about 20% of the time, in spite of the fact that I have never used the AM/FM once since the car was new.

*Wipers and washers stopped working for 10 minutes one morning.

Papaya

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Holger
Vehicle(s)
F150 2.7 EcoBoost
We should write all to the car magazines out there. I got quite a shock when I did see my car in the backyard parked without any windows.

#I caught the point: "driver side slightly higher on the hood..."
The body is "twisted" as I say. If the hood is on the driver side higher, the car has also the "sunken rear window" problem on the same side. Means: Left front side on the car is higher and left back side is lower on the car.

I am sure, everyone who has the higher hood has also the lower left quarter panel what shows also the twisted trunk lid!

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
Don't forget the "CLUNK" on the Autos (and some manuals.)

Going from park to Reverse, or in some cases in "S" mode shifting down to 1st/2nd causes a metal clank. It has something to do with the driveshaft area. People are reporting mixed results with replacing the drive shaft, some have had the output shaft flange replaced in order to fix the issue after a drive shaft replacement didn't fix it.
Sponsored