Master Blaster vs Leaf Blower + Compressor

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
I have the MB with the 30ft hose I wall mounted it and LOVE IT...The air is pin point where a leaf blower is taking the drops off the car but it is stirs up the dirt and dust around the car and when the dust settles its back on the car. I would tell you to buy the MB with 30ft hose its not cheap but well worth the price I still have not touched my GT350 with a drying towel the MB does it all.
Sponsored

betterthansx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (looking for)
Compressed air will always be better than what a leaf blower can do.

A leaf blower picks up dust and sand and blows it onto your paint. This is no bueno.

A Master Blaster or air compressor does not as they have filtering to stop that from happening. Plus the more fine jet of air is more powerful and can get everything off.

The one issue with an air compressor is that the standard filter in them isn't enough. It still lets oil residue and a bit of condensation through. There are secondary filters that you can buy for actually cleaning off your car. The last thing you want to do is shoot oil residue onto your paint!

Master Blaster is a lot of money? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes. It is something that will last you 10-15 years. Hopefully more. It won't owe you a dime after the 2nd year.

OP
OP

UnhandledException

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Compressed air will always be better than what a leaf blower can do.

A leaf blower picks up dust and sand and blows it onto your paint. This is no bueno.

A Master Blaster or air compressor does not as they have filtering to stop that from happening. Plus the more fine jet of air is more powerful and can get everything off.

The one issue with an air compressor is that the standard filter in them isn't enough. It still lets oil residue and a bit of condensation through. There are secondary filters that you can buy for actually cleaning off your car. The last thing you want to do is shoot oil residue onto your paint!

Master Blaster is a lot of money? Yes. Is it worth it? Yes. It is something that will last you 10-15 years. Hopefully more. It won't owe you a dime after the 2nd year.
I dont think you have seen my last post, so its not a vs question anymore as I already bought MB:)

I m not getting any warm air though. Is it supposed to have warm air or is it sucking the cold ambient air and circulating it?

I m running it fine on 20amp circuit so far. Yes its great but to be honest with you my redmax 8500 leaf blower produces far far far far more volume of air and at same if not more speed. I ran them both side by side. But then again, redmax is a commercial leaf blower that costs $600 and an average person wont have it. Redmax also has multiple filters and no there is no way its kicking of sand and dust or oil or fuel.

So why did I still get MB then? Because its not easy with the leaf blower. Its too big and bulky and you cant do the top of the car or middle of hood or trunk without getting on some sort of a stool because the tip isnt long enough. Its just not a comfortable experience. Plus the tip is too thick hard rubber not like MB, it scratches the clear coat easily.

rubyinla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
A 20 year old Toro leaf blower and good ear muffs to protect what's left of my hearing. :thumbsup: Have yet to scratch anything with it.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Having a good inexpensive company to do your landscaping all year : Great.
Living on a property close to city, with all concrete and paved areas: Priceless :)

I . Hate . Trees and Grass.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think the MB revolution is great. Got it on a black Friday special. The only issue I've had with it so far is that I need a larger circuit. If I run. Both switches on for the most air volume and speed, it trips a 15A circuit breaker. I am going to install a 20 or 30A receptacle and see how that goes. I never bothered to check service requirements. However running a 8hp motor with heat at full blast must be at least 20A.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I guess I'm an oddball... I just take it up the highway

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Your not an oddball. I hand wash mine with a wash and wax. Then drive it about 4 or 5 blocks here in town on a close street with a straight 40 mph on it then soon as I get it home in the carport wipe it down with an Absorber before any water can dry (so don't get water spots) or dust and all the water has blown out of the crevices in the wheels etc. Done this for years on my new vehicles and they come out spotless.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
A 20 year old Toro leaf blower and good ear muffs to protect what's left of my hearing. :thumbsup: Have yet to scratch anything with it.

My experience too with my Echo gas blower (including hearing muffs) - never seen oil or contamination on the blown off surface. I am careful to not direct it at the concrete but it's usually well soaked and washed off by then anyway. Unless you live in the country by gravel roads or in unusually windy territory I can't see dust or grit being an issue with a leaf blower. If it is, we all need to be wearing dust filter masks when outside then.

Lightning Blue GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duey
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 #H2996, 12 FX35, 09 G37S
Your not an oddball. I hand wash mine with a wash and wax. Then drive it about 4 or 5 blocks here in town on a close street with a straight 40 mph on it then soon as I get it home in the carport wipe it down with an Absorber before any water can dry (so don't get water spots) or dust and all the water has blown out of the crevices in the wheels etc. Done this for years on my new vehicles and they come out spotless.

so while you are going down the street drying it off you have new dirt and sand on the car and when you wipe off the extra water you put micro scratches in the paint no thank you I will keep my MB that's filtered and heated air.. The 8hp will run the water out of any spot on the car use the different attachments that come with it touch free no swirls no scratches just left with a perfect finish!:cheers:

Sponsored

johnny1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Had new a 16 GT350 and 17 GT350
Your gonna get micro scratches no matter what you do. Just face the front or back directly in the sun shining on the paint and stripes and there they will be.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Gotta admit I never knew there were people so anal about their cars until I began reading these forums. Water spots? Microscratches? Keep it coming, makes me smile all day long.

Reactions: A7X

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Gotta admit I never knew there were people so anal about their cars until I began reading these forums. Water spots? Microscratches? Keep it coming, makes me smile all day long.
Someone with a different opinion than you? How dare they.

You do you.

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
Some call it anal, but others call it having pride in what you own and enjoy taking care of your shit...
Sponsored