MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Unfortunately a meth kit isn't going to be in the works until I'm able to control it through the factory ECU. I personally don't like using "standalone" meth kits, I like to have failsafe configured in the ECU when running meth.
You can get it to do that? :eyebulge:
Sponsored

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Hey Adam,

Looking for your honest opinion. What would be the best bang for my buck in terms of reliable, safe, daily driven power? Going all out with the full MAP turbo upgrade kit vs. full bolt ons (MAP 1.5 kit, COBB tune, Drop in replacement batmowheel for the stock turbo when its released) coupled with a progressive water/meth injection setup when you guys complete it?

I don't want to tear in the the engine or replace the head, don't want to mess with e30 or race gas additives (93 octane tunes only), and I can't afford to have the power of any of my upgrades to damage the engine as the Mustang is my daily driver.

What are your thoughts? Turbo kit with a mild tune for safety? And would full bolt-ons + meth injection be any safer?

Lastly, what kind of RWHP/TQ numbers would you expect a full bolt-on, meth injected ecoboost to produce? and What is the time-table for your Meth kit?

Basically my goal is to be able to confidently smoke stock GTs from a dig up to 60-80mph. My car will also have a full Steeda suspension treatment. Looking to do this for the least amount of my hard-earned money spent as possible!

Thank you for your honest input in advance.
Thanks for the question, I have had the same one; I have all MAP parts on now and just not sure I want to take the next step to turbo swap or head swap.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
I'll may be hitting you up for advice on my install then :thumbsup:
No doubt, Adam estimated about 6-7hrs for installation so I'll be starting in the morning and dedicating the day for the installation. All I'm waiting on now is the diagram for the wastegate line routing for boost control.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
I'll go take a picture of the wastegate routing now for you guys and put it on the website!

Bigspoondude - No, that is why I don't use meth kits. I will tune them for people but I never really recommend them.

Biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport
Update:

Car is down to finalize jigging for fuel system, then we start testing. Here is a quick snapshot of what we are working on!

We will be testing this on the factory motor and the same power level (500whp) but looking to swing in fuel heavy to make sure it works properly. We will make the switch to E85 to see if there is going to be enough fuel with the injectors that we are utilizing in the kit.

Once we get it 100% ironed out we will be swapping the engine out of the car for our built sleeved engine with our ported head. We are looking to make some serious power in the near future!
Sexy!

So this is just at the throttle body? Any plans to do a 4 injector setup at the manifold or do you think this will support your 7-800 hp goals?

What size injectors are you going to run?

Secondary fuel pump?

I'm digging this solution :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Yes, check out my video talking about future plans for our car below.

Injectors will be 600cc each, and looking to control them as needed (single or both depending on boost).

I have an upgraded pump for the tank already.

[ame]

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)

Its Here! Can't wait till Saturday to install the turbo kit. Great things are coming!

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
WOW ! ! CONGRATS ! !
I'm impatiently waiting to get my turbo kit.

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
I wish I had that remote from the movie Click to fast forward time to Saturday lol. Which turbo did you go with?

Sponsored

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I meant to order it. I've got to sell my house and buy another before I'll be ordering my kit. I might take some of the proceeds from the sale to put towards a built engine and ported head. You know. Cost of having to wait. At least that is what I will convince the wife of. :D

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
Haha I here ya, my wife gave me a hobby allowance. My next upgrade, MAP built engine, is going to tap it out for this year and the next lol

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I'm excited PAT! I will be on top via email if you have any questions during install. Hopefully I get service at the track this weekend!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.