Sponsored

Map lights suck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Pkg, Pony Pkg
The interior lighting in this car is pathetic. I am considering the Diode Dynamics bulbs. I have heard that they are hard to install and many people have pushed the the socket into the housing. That in turn requires removing the overhead compartment. On the 2018 and up cars, this is very difficult to do thanks to a change Ford made to the mounting clips. Is it possible to install these bulbs without effing it up?
1708822671528.png
I just did this. MASSIVE difference in output and usable light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07ZV4SW2S?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I got mine they been sitting for almost 2 years. Maybe one day Ill put it on.

The stock light is not THAT bad really. What you doing threading a needle?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT

Agreed, I actually love the warm color and brightness of the stock lights. Easy on the eyes at night.

With that said, everyone is different. This install is one of the worst and most finicky ones you can do on these cars though...

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Agreed, I actually love the warm color and brightness of the stock lights. Easy on the eyes at night.

With that said, everyone is different. This install is one of the worst and most finicky ones you can do on these cars though...
Just because of the difficulty I want to install them LOL

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I think if you push hard enough on the socket (and you probably have to to seat the LED) there is the risk of the side tabs letting go. I saw how easy it was for Bill in CJ's video to pop the sockets out. I think a set of C ring pliers or maybe needle nose spread open to hold the tabs in place while the bulb is inserted could work. If not, I'll be taking your advice with the headlamp and bring down the housing. I'll post how it goes when I get them.
If you mess it up on yours let me know and I'll bring mine by and you can do mine next!!!!

Actually, I'm hunting for a bodyshop in my area to get my grill inserts swapped. The guys I usually go to haven't responded to my RFQ lol

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If you mess it up on yours let me know and I'll bring mine by and you can do mine next!!!!

Actually, I'm hunting for a bodyshop in my area to get my grill inserts swapped. The guys I usually go to haven't responded to my RFQ lol
Haha sure thing Michael. We can do your grille swap while you're here too. šŸ˜œ

Actually it's not hard, just time consuming. There are a lot of screws to remove.

Stangfan3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
The interior lighting in this car is pathetic. I am considering the Diode Dynamics bulbs. I have heard that they are hard to install and many people have pushed the the socket into the housing. That in turn requires removing the overhead compartment. On the 2018 and up cars, this is very difficult to do thanks to a change Ford made to the mounting clips. Is it possible to install these bulbs without effing it up?
1708822671528.png
I installed them in my ā€˜23. You have to pull the entire housing down. Steeda has a good video. Just be careful it feels like you are going to break the whole thing. You canā€™t install them by just popping off the covers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Pkg, Pony Pkg

It really is bad with 50 something year old eyes & I use the car for work, and I work at night often.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

Actually it's not hard, just time consuming. There are a lot of screws to remove.
Hey. I want in too! Iā€™ve had the bulbs for 2 years as well but keep putting it off. Iā€™ll let you do it after yours and Michaelā€™s lol. Just to work out any kinksā€¦

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hey. I want in too! Iā€™ve had the bulbs for 2 years as well but keep putting it off. Iā€™ll let you do it after yours and Michaelā€™s lol. Just to work out any kinksā€¦
LOL! You guys šŸ¤£

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium

Iā€™ve been debating on seeing if I can squeeze a product like this into my tiny garage. The body shop quoted me 4 bills last year for this. Iā€™m sure there are videos on how to do it somewhere.

the_scotsman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I put cheapo eBay ones in, made a HUGE difference. THey're actually usable now. Original on the left.

u1dibJ1.jpg

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
I changed out all the internal lights on my Gt and then on the Bullitt.
I was too scared after looking at the glovebox light issue so each time I just took the cars to an auto electrician who did it all in 5 mins flat with no stress and drama
Sponsored