Sponsored

Manual in traffic

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So this has been killing me I truly want a manual trans but... I live in Chicago commute daily in one hour bumper to bumper traffic. And then the plan down the road is a roots style blower . This will be a dd 365 to include winters. I had ordered a auto with the 3.55s but before I sink 40k how do you guys handle traffic? Please don't turn this into an auto vs manny war this is simply for my application and tips thanks.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Clutch is very easy to modulate on this car. I wouldnt worry about it.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Being in the UK I have only sat in a GT to play but thought the clutch a hell of a lot lighter than my E36.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT Fastback, 2014 Focus, 2015 GT DIB
If you don't like constantly holding the clutch in, chuck it in neutral. Much easier.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
But neutral back into first again would be a pain for every foot lol sigh I read something about a creep mode in the manny can't remember where I saw it.

Sponsored

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
But neutral back into first again would be a pain for every foot lol sigh I read something about a creep mode in the manny can't remember where I saw it.
I said it was an idea. I have my right foot, very weak. Then you have my left foot, extremely strong! When I drive manuals, I'm very quick with shifting. I have had quite a few cars with extremely heavy clutch.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
By moderating my speed and distance with cars in front of me I try and stay off the clutch as much as possible.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
So this has been killing me I truly want a manual trans but... I live in Chicago commute daily in one hour bumper to bumper traffic. And then the plan down the road is a roots style blower . This will be a dd 365 to include winters. I had ordered a auto with the 3.55s but before I sink 40k how do you guys handle traffic? Please don't turn this into an auto vs manny war this is simply for my application and tips thanks.
I wouldn't get the auto only because of traffic especially if you love driving manual. I have a manual and drive in tons of traffic during my daily commute and it isn't an issue at all to me but I personally love the control and feel of manual and find autos boring.
If you are planning on making big power with a supercharger I'd say definitely get the auto. Well known from fact from the 11-14 stangs: 6R80>MT82 from a durability standpoint especially in high horsepower applications. The auto is generally faster and more constant at the drag strip, if that is a high priority.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
By moderating my speed and distance with cars in front of me I try and stay off the clutch as much as possible.
This. You may leave a 6 million foot gap in front of you in traffic but you don't have to constantly keep shifting from 2nd to 1st constantly and going on the brakes. I drove in a small bit of traffic today. The traffic came to a stop and i would have to start in 1st. By modulating my speed i was able to stay in 1st for the short sprints and stay in 2nd when it moved a little quicker.

Rhys

Enjoying my 67 Mustang
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Who knows?
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't get the auto only because of traffic especially if you love driving manual. I have a manual and drive in tons of traffic during my daily commute and it isn't an issue at all to me but I personally love the control and feel of manual and find autos boring.
Haha. You know exactly what I think! Thankyou!

Sponsored
OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I like manuals just when I get off a 14 hour shift (cop) sometimes im so tired and beat up u wonder if I would just get pissed or be to tired. And I plan on making at least 700hp eventually .

Stupid question about the push to start say in winter you start the car to warm it up and take the keys with you does car turn off once keys are a certain range away?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
This is one of those questions no one can answer for you... they can tell you how *they feel* about it.

I have a manual now but specked out an auto for my next purchase. Plus, I've driven around 15 mustangs and the auto in the mustang drives much better to me. Not that it is better...

You also get auto start with an auto... great if you can warm up the car before going outside.

I would say test drive more to get a feel of how each will perform.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
I like manuals just when I get off a 14 hour shift (cop) sometimes im so tired and beat up u wonder if I would just get pissed or be to tired. And I plan on making at least 700hp eventually .

Stupid question about the push to start say in winter you start the car to warm it up and take the keys with you does car turn off once keys are a certain range away?
I think the car has a runtime of like 15 or 30 minutes where it'll idle for that long and then shut it off for economy purposes. Not sure about the starting thing.

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Yes the car will continue to run with out the key in it.

I think the car has a runtime of like 15 or 30 minutes where it'll idle for that long and then shut it off for economy purposes. Not sure about the starting thing.
The Auto Engine off feature can be deactivated via the steering wheel controls under the my car section.

OP
OP

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
^ I like that so I could start it leave it running and take key with me and lock it while I'm at work.
Sponsored