Magnaride

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium 10 speed, rapid red, pp1,
Has anyone upgraded their Magnaride equipped cars with gt500 spec shocks and struts? How was the install? Did they make a huge difference?

(I'm buying them anyway. Just a curiosity if anyone else has!)
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Has anyone upgraded their Magnaride equipped cars with gt500 spec shocks and struts? How was the install? Did they make a huge difference?

(I'm buying them anyway. Just a curiosity if anyone else has!)
Have you seen someone who has done this mod? Interesting. I think their is a company who sell a replacement magneride control box which supposedly increases the magneride system. Might be a more viable way to go to improve the magneride system. Keep us posted.

OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
Have you seen someone who has done this mod? Interesting. I think their is a company who sell a replacement magneride control box which supposedly increases the magneride system. Might be a more viable way to go to improve the magneride system. Keep us posted.
I'm going to do both. Shocks/ struts and a magride controller.

OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
That will cover pretty much everything. Do you track your GT?
I dont have any tracks near me. Live pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but have really good mountain roads a stone's throw away 😄

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I dont have any tracks near me. Live pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but have really good mountain roads a stone's throw away 😄
Mountain driving is so fun, just have to be careful of other drivers and road conditions so you don't end up at the bottom of a ditch. Keep us posted

OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
Mountain driving is so fun, just have to be careful of other drivers and road conditions so you don't end up at the bottom of a ditch. Keep us posted
I will try! This winter's mods will be gt350 style fenders, steeda front wheel hubs, apex wheels with trofeo r tires, mmr carbon ceramic brakes, titanium wheel studs and lug nuts. Should drop about 135 pounds of rotating mass.

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
Very interesting timing for making this thread; I'm about to make a similar one asking about magneride struts and compatible springs.

One of my front Magneride struts failed during my last track day, and I've been contemplating buying regular Magneride struts or upgrading to GT500 struts. I am curious if GT500 struts are plug and play, and I am emaling Rodney from Steeda about it since they will be selling a GT500 strut/shock kit soon. He says the valving on the GT500 struts is better suited for stiffer spring rates, but I am curious to know how it will play with our PP1 magneride programming and VDM...Steeda also sells a DSC module to reprogram Magneride.

All that said, I accidentally ordered OEM PP1 Magneride struts 30 minutes ago....so I'll have to figure out if I want to cancel the order or let it go through. Price delta between PP1 and GT500 struts is insignificant too, so it's even more tempting...

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I know of at least one guy running GT500 struts on his ecoboost. It's pretty straight forward. Swap them, then tune them.

Why are you going to the 500 shocks/struts?

FWIW, I wouldn't get a DSC that is locked down by a company. Otherwise you will never tune the car to you liking.

OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
Very interesting timing for making this thread; I'm about to make a similar one asking about magneride struts and compatible springs.

One of my front Magneride struts failed during my last track day, and I've been contemplating buying regular Magneride struts or upgrading to GT500 struts. I am curious if GT500 struts are plug and play, and I am emaling Rodney from Steeda about it since they will be selling a GT500 strut/shock kit soon. He says the valving on the GT500 struts is better suited for stiffer spring rates, but I am curious to know how it will play with our PP1 magneride programming and VDM...Steeda also sells a DSC module to reprogram Magneride.

All that said, I accidentally ordered OEM PP1 Magneride struts 30 minutes ago....so I'll have to figure out if I want to cancel the order or let it go through. Price delta between PP1 and GT500 struts is insignificant too, so it's even more tempting...
I was thinking about using their mag ride controller. Not sure, though.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
I know of at least one guy running GT500 struts on his ecoboost. It's pretty straight forward. Swap them, then tune them.

Why are you going to the 500 shocks/struts?

FWIW, I wouldn't get a DSC that is locked down by a company. Otherwise you will never tune the car to you liking.
Because i want a set to compliment the different springs, but i dont wanna lose magride.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Because i want a set to compliment the different springs, but i dont wanna lose magride.
GT350/R shocks/struts would get you what you want as well. The non R struts are good up to about 400 lb springs. R struts I've heard* north of 500.

OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
GT350/R shocks/struts would get you what you want as well. The non R struts are good up to about 400 lb springs. R struts I've heard* north of 500.
Ive never seen a set for sale. And im not going somewhere and pulling them off of a broken car.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
You could order them the same way you would order GT500 shocks.

Even with the 500 shocks/struts/springs, you won't get the same GT500 handling characteristics. There is a lot more that goes into the GT500 package than shocks, struts, and springs.

OP
OP

BAYoung

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brooks
Vehicle(s)
You could order them the same way you would order GT500 shocks.

Even with the 500 shocks/struts/springs, you won't get the same GT500 handling characteristics. There is a lot more that goes into the GT500 package than shocks, struts, and springs.
Im getting steedas full handling catalog done. Not just shocks, struts, and springs. I don't want it to feel like a gt500, more like a fully planted street car.
Sponsored

Last edited: