Magna flow Street Series Cat Back

ptoemmes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible, White, PP 6sp
You can read about my exhaust saga - and then some - in the general section.

Summary is that Steeda axle back does not fit GT (PP) vert.

Now this is 99% wife's car and she does want lower tone, SLIGHTLY louder, NOT (too) raspy, NO DRONE. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

When I heard the Steeda axle back - on a coupe - she thought too loud. I thought GREAT.

Moot point - does not fit.

But Magnaflow Steet Series cat back is "advertised" as a (slight) step up in loudness from stock with the signature Magnaflow deeper tone. I have listened to sound clips, but I still think AM radio is fine ;-)

So, any Maganflow Steet Series Cat Backers preferably with a vert care to chime in on the sound profile and as compared to high pithed relatively quiet (yuck) stock?

Thanks,

Pete
Sponsored

5.0_MLC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Denys
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Comparing stock to street series, magnaflow will sound loud. Then you hear the others out there and you realize the MF STreet is not that loud. You will defenety hear it inside and if you add a CAI (Steeda) it will get louader but less than the performance seris. If I was to do it again I would stay stock or just do an axle back leaving the resonator in. Also for the right price I thinking of selling my Magna Flow street series and just go back to stock.

Mgsouthwest2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT C/S
I have the street catback on my fastback. I love it. I was looking for a deep tone and this system does not disappoint. I also love the way it sounds inside the car. You will hear it pretty much all the time but what you hear is not drone, its tone. The street series just has a nice low rumble to it that you can hear inside as well as out. As far as volume goes, the system is definitely more than just "slightly" louder than stock. You are going to hear it but that is what a catback is all about. Overall, the street series makes good volume but it is not anywhere near obnoxiously loud. To me it hits the volume sweet spot pretty well.

clevernickname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT, 2016 camaro ss (gfs), 2015 range rover sport, 2013 ford explorer, 2017 WRX
Tone vs drone is somewhat subjective. If your wife doesn't want ANY drone, a MF might be too much for her from what I've read. MF is one of the deepest ones too so..yeah

OP
OP

ptoemmes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible, White, PP 6sp
Thanks everyone.

I am a bit concerned. I know there are other axle backs that (probably) fit a vert - any suggestions?

Here is a science experiment. Looking at the MF Street Series it looks like it comes in three sections with the "X" section eliminating the resonator and clamping to the cats. So....what are the chances the two muffler sections with pipe would bolt up to the resonator? And if it did what sound then?

I realize this is a guess and I realize the resonator is probably 2.5" and the MF is 3" so reducers would be needed.

I suppose another science experiment would be to eliminate the resonator and keep the stock cans and piping. X or H pipe eliminator.

Ugh - wives - :shrug:

Pete
Sponsored